Best lift for a good price. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Best lift for a good price.

Bestop underseat lock boxes @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door Black Cargo Net (

Unread 08-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Jordan27
2008 JK Wrangler 

Best lift for a good price.

I am wanting to do a 2.5inch lift on my 2008 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I don't want to go any bigger then that for fuel mileage concerns. Can someone recommend a good lift?

Unread 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The first question you need to answer is , what do you want it to do?
Davetopay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Jordan27
2008 JK Wrangler 

Pretty much stock but higher. I don't want to go too crazy as it is my daily driver that is why I only want to do 2.5 inch or 3. I don't get too crazy off road but a little more clearance in Moab would be great.
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The size of the lift won't cause you MPG to drop, the size of the tires will.

If money is a concern do a 2 inch budget boost and if still want more lift add a 1" body lift. If you want it to do better off-road get some sway bar disconnects.

I have known a few people running this type of setup with 33's and thing worked just fine.

If in the future you decide you need/want to go bigger or better you won't have much money invested. The 1" body lift is a good mod for any Wrangler, built big or small.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Start with a good set of coils that fit your needs.

You can add a small 1" 1.25" body lift or a small coil spacer later if it's needed.

It's cheaper to start with a coil you can build off of than it is to start over from scratch when you need to fine tune or your wants/needs change.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.