Best High Jack Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Best High Jack Lift

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-27-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
urwaker
2007 WK 

Best High Jack Lift

Im looking into getting a 48" High Jack lift and was just wondering what brands are best. Any info will help. Thanks.

Justin

urwaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #2
phattdraggon

Hi-Lift is the brand you want. its like a Warn winch, go with what you know works, especially when you really need it. also its a good idea to get the offraod base or make one. and if you don't have a winch, Hi-Lift makes a pretty nice recovery kit, that works with the jack.
Unread 07-27-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would avoid any brand except Hi-Lift. The others are often imported from China (not all but... ) and I've seen a couple photos of cheap Hi-Lift knock-offs bent over double under the weight of a Wrangler.

Be aware that due to it being highly unstable, a Hi-Lift is only a tool of last resort and should not be used for just normal tire changing or lifting of the Jeep for working on it in the garage. My Jeep has 35" tires and 5.5" of lift and the factory jack still works fine for changing a tire.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 09:40 AM   #4
urwaker
2007 WK 

thanks for all your help
urwaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
NIUPonyBoy
2013 JK Wrangler 

You get what you pay for. Whenever I get around to working on the Jeep I fear I will drop a pretty penny on my lift kit, but cheaper may mean an embarassing tow off the trail because of a pebble in the road.

John
-'07 Mineral Gray Ford Mustang GT Convertible
-'05 Silver Dodge Ram2500 PowerWagon Hemi 4x4
-'05 Silver Ford Freestar SEL Handicapped
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 06:46 PM   #6
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The all cast iron 48" model is at Tractor Supply for $43 as I recall from last month. I believe thats the cheapest anywhere.
Unread 07-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
DestructoJr
The Thin Blue Line

I just picked one up from Harbor Frieght all cast Iron 34.95 after tax 48'' seems solid enough I jacked up the Jeep in the driveway yesterday with it to test it out no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneaus
10 because you're awesomely conservative and bash all the liberals. hoorah!
www.offroadoverstock.com

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
--John Stewart Mill--
DestructoJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
schitzangiggles
King of Macastan

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My cousin bent his while using his HF POJ Hi Lift knock off to jack up his Ranger. It bent into a bow shape! Just need some string & he can go hunt some cowboys! The only things I get from HF are non life threatening tools and tape.
There is a reason everyone (95%) have the real Hi Lift, it works, it's safe(r), it lasts (you could will one to your kids) and it is reasonably priced.
schitzangiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #9
Gerg

True Hi Lift!

Mine is over 20 years old. It's not exactly straight anymore due to an episode of jacking up the back of the 3/4 ton and kicking it off the jack to get the rear out of some nasty ruts

Just painted it and it looks like new (if you don't site down the rail )

Greg
Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.