"Aussie lockers suck because I broke a u-joint" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > "Aussie lockers suck because I broke a u-joint"

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

"Aussie lockers suck because I broke a u-joint"

http://www.jeepreviews.com/jeep-part...ocker-reviews/
Quote:
Aussie locker max tires?
Date: Jan 15, 2010
Reviewer: A JeepReviews.com User from (Netherlands)
I bought mine a few months ago, I live in the Netherlands and we were out in the woods with some mud and water pits. I have a cj7 4.2 with stock dana 30 and amc20 in the back, the Aussie locker was installed in the front. I had 35 inch BFgoodrich muds and I tried to get out of a little mud pit, very slowly I drove my left wheel against the wall and tried to get out, then I heard a snap and my u-joint broke! A few weeks later again (now the other side) again my u-joint broke off. I've de-installed 35 inch tires because I think that Aussie - 35 inch are a bad combination.
Oh man I'll be sure to stay away from Aussie then! I'll go with a Detroit or anything else but not an Aussie!

Hilarious

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
yellow_xj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

How is it the lockers fault that u joints on a d30 broke spinning 35 inch tires?
Yellow Jeep Club member # 16
Jeeps dont die they get rebuilt bigger and stronger, like the 6 million dollar man!
yellow_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_xj View Post
How is it the lockers fault that u joints on a d30 broke spinning 35 inch tires?
Why is it the monitors fault that the computer locks up?
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I thought my computer caused all those spelling mistakes in my post.... I now suspect that my Aussie locker is the real cause....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I broke a ujoint and an axle shaft with an Aussie. I certainly don't blame the locker. The Aussie survived the break - it works just fine.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakuda View Post
I broke a ujoint and an axle shaft with an Aussie. I certainly don't blame the locker. The Aussie survived the break - it works just fine.
An aussie claimed a u-joint AND an axle shaft? You better get rid of that thing man... I've been running a Powertrax for a while now and haven't broken anything. They just must be better lockers
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
HELMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

With a Detroit in the rear, I broke my front drive shaft.

Note to self, let off the skinny peddle before the front tires land.
HELMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ExDementia- View Post
An aussie claimed a u-joint AND an axle shaft? You better get rid of that thing man... I've been running a Powertrax for a while now and haven't broken anything. They just must be better lockers
I broke them, the Aussie just happened to be installed. Different trips too, but both were on the same side.

I blame Canada and you need to push it a bit more.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aussie , aussie lockers , broke , broken , lockers , lunchbox , lunchbox lockers , u-joint , ujoint

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.