"Aussie lockers suck because I broke a u-joint" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > "Aussie lockers suck because I broke a u-joint"

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

"Aussie lockers suck because I broke a u-joint"

http://www.jeepreviews.com/jeep-part...ocker-reviews/
Quote:
Aussie locker max tires?
Date: Jan 15, 2010
Reviewer: A JeepReviews.com User from (Netherlands)
I bought mine a few months ago, I live in the Netherlands and we were out in the woods with some mud and water pits. I have a cj7 4.2 with stock dana 30 and amc20 in the back, the Aussie locker was installed in the front. I had 35 inch BFgoodrich muds and I tried to get out of a little mud pit, very slowly I drove my left wheel against the wall and tried to get out, then I heard a snap and my u-joint broke! A few weeks later again (now the other side) again my u-joint broke off. I've de-installed 35 inch tires because I think that Aussie - 35 inch are a bad combination.
Oh man I'll be sure to stay away from Aussie then! I'll go with a Detroit or anything else but not an Aussie!

Hilarious

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
yellow_xj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

How is it the lockers fault that u joints on a d30 broke spinning 35 inch tires?
Yellow Jeep Club member # 16
Jeeps dont die they get rebuilt bigger and stronger, like the 6 million dollar man!
yellow_xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_xj View Post
How is it the lockers fault that u joints on a d30 broke spinning 35 inch tires?
Why is it the monitors fault that the computer locks up?
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I thought my computer caused all those spelling mistakes in my post.... I now suspect that my Aussie locker is the real cause....
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I broke a ujoint and an axle shaft with an Aussie. I certainly don't blame the locker. The Aussie survived the break - it works just fine.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakuda View Post
I broke a ujoint and an axle shaft with an Aussie. I certainly don't blame the locker. The Aussie survived the break - it works just fine.
An aussie claimed a u-joint AND an axle shaft? You better get rid of that thing man... I've been running a Powertrax for a while now and haven't broken anything. They just must be better lockers
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
HELMET
2006 LJ Wrangler 

With a Detroit in the rear, I broke my front drive shaft.

Note to self, let off the skinny peddle before the front tires land.
HELMET is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
dakuda
Admin, Jeep in Pieces

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ExDementia- View Post
An aussie claimed a u-joint AND an axle shaft? You better get rid of that thing man... I've been running a Powertrax for a while now and haven't broken anything. They just must be better lockers
I broke them, the Aussie just happened to be installed. Different trips too, but both were on the same side.

I blame Canada and you need to push it a bit more.

2013 Dodge Charger | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | Ramsey Winches | www.dakuda.com
dakuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aussie , aussie lockers , broke , broken , lockers , lunchbox , lunchbox lockers , u-joint , ujoint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.