From Atlas to Superwinch EPi9.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > From Atlas to Superwinch EPi9.0

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Chris @ GATR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

From Atlas to Superwinch EPi9.0

Our club rode River Rock ORV a few weeks ago and while I was MAJOR high centered on both left side control arm mounts and on my belly up at the same time, I pulled cable, only to hear "Bang" when I pulled the load.

No more Chinese winches! (Atlas 9500)

Just installed the new Superwinch EPi9.0 and can tell this monster will get it done. I read the MoabJeeper Magazine reviews and for $589 shipped, you cant touch it. Line speed is amazing and came with a snatch block.

Unread 10-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Zoom By You
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That model Superwinch is made in China....
2001 TJ Sport Amber Fire, Dual Tops/Dual Doors, 4.0, Banks Ram-Air, Banks S.S. Monster exhaust, five speed, NV3550, A.A. SYE/Tom Woods, 4:56 D30/D35, Detroit Truetrac at both ends, Solid diff covers, 4.5 R.E. Super Flex W/3.5 springs, adjustable upper and lower control arms, adjustable front and rear R.E. track bars, TeraFlex shock relocation brackets, R.E. Mono tube shocks, R.E. front stabilizer, R.E. 3/4" front spacer, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS, M/T Classic-locks, ShrockWorks Rock Rails, Hanson 52" front bumper, EPi9.0 Superwinch with wireless control, Olympic rear bumper, Olympic Mountaineer rack, Bushwacker 6" Pocket Flares, Optima yellow top, IPF headlights W/ Fatboys, upgraded relay/wiring harness, KC Slims, Bosch rear lights, Garmin c550 GPS, Garmin 76S GPS, Cobra CB 148GTL W/Astatic Mic, Pioneer Sound, 3A Racing fire extinguishers. Manhattan Rated....
Zoom By You is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom By You
That model Superwinch is made in China....
Are any of them not?
The Mean Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

FYI

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...2&postcount=23

Superwinch EP = China
Unread 10-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
VZEHLER
2006 TJ Wrangler 

$542.00 shipped on expedition imports. Never had heard of that company before so I had another more reputable company price match it for me... The brown truck should be droppin her off today.
VZEHLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Our club rode River Rock ORV a few weeks ago and while I was MAJOR high centered on both left side control arm mounts and on my belly up at the same time, I pulled cable, only to hear "Bang" when I pulled the load.

Just installed the new Superwinch EPi9.0 and can tell this monster will get it done. I read the MoabJeeper Magazine reviews and for $589 shipped, you cant touch it. Line speed is amazing and came with a snatch block.
thats funny superwinchs are made in china as well, but hey what ever makes you feel better

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
Zoom By You
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mean Fish
Are any of them not?
The Superwinch X9 series is made in the USA. By the way, I was told by Jason (Superwinch 1-860-928-77870) that the EPi9.0 now has a lifetime warranty. Can't get better than that.

I bought a air compressor that was advertised as "made it the USA" and almost every component was made in China anyway, you can't get away from it these days, I guess.
2001 TJ Sport Amber Fire, Dual Tops/Dual Doors, 4.0, Banks Ram-Air, Banks S.S. Monster exhaust, five speed, NV3550, A.A. SYE/Tom Woods, 4:56 D30/D35, Detroit Truetrac at both ends, Solid diff covers, 4.5 R.E. Super Flex W/3.5 springs, adjustable upper and lower control arms, adjustable front and rear R.E. track bars, TeraFlex shock relocation brackets, R.E. Mono tube shocks, R.E. front stabilizer, R.E. 3/4" front spacer, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS, M/T Classic-locks, ShrockWorks Rock Rails, Hanson 52" front bumper, EPi9.0 Superwinch with wireless control, Olympic rear bumper, Olympic Mountaineer rack, Bushwacker 6" Pocket Flares, Optima yellow top, IPF headlights W/ Fatboys, upgraded relay/wiring harness, KC Slims, Bosch rear lights, Garmin c550 GPS, Garmin 76S GPS, Cobra CB 148GTL W/Astatic Mic, Pioneer Sound, 3A Racing fire extinguishers. Manhattan Rated....
Unread 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
mudmonkey2400
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

Just recently repaired my Atlas 9.5k. I had a wire break off the post on the motor. Fixed now though. I had my eye on the Superwinch EPi9.0 the whole time though if I couldn't get it fixed.

What broke on yours? I've done some heavy pulls with mine.
Unread 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
The Mean Fish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom By You
By the way, I was told by Jason (Superwinch 1-860-928-77870) that the EPi9.0 now has a lifetime warranty. Can't get better than that.
Actually you can get better than that, you could have a very important and fairly expensive piece of recovery gear not fail in the first place... When you call that number will they under warranty cover the cost of having a wrecker come out and get you when your Superwinch fails?

I have nothing against Superwinch, I just love it when one person tries to defend a certain brand when it's challenged... it's almost a 100% sure fire sign that you'll see that same brand of item in that person's signature.
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:29 PM   #10
Zoom By You
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mean Fish
I have nothing against Superwinch, I just love it when one person tries to defend a certain brand when it's challenged... it's almost a 100% sure fire sign that you'll see that same brand of item in that person's signature.
I don't know what you were reading but I wasn't defending anything, just informing the OP (that didn't know the winch he just purchased was made in China) that it DID have a lifetime warranty.
Unread 10-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
Chris @ GATR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

True, it was assembled in China, but evidently is hold its own, so I bought it. The end.

Last edited by Chris @ GATR; 10-30-2007 at 05:42 PM..
Chris @ GATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
DirtEater
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZEHLER
$542.00 shipped on expedition imports. Never had heard of that company before so I had another more reputable company price match it for me... The brown truck should be droppin her off today.
Which company?
33" Toyo M/T's on Pro Comp Xtreme Series 1069
Borla header and Catback Exhaust System
Jeeperman bumper w/ Ramsey Patriot 8000 - Jeeperman tire carrier/bumper
DirtEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 07:39 AM   #13
mudmonkey2400
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Chris, what happened exactly on your Atlas winch?
Unread 10-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #14
Chris @ GATR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not 100% sure because when I got home and opened it up, everything was in tact and there were no broken parts internally. I spent hours trying to determine what was wrong. It would run, but would not spool in or out. If you engaged it, it would spool, but as soon as you put it back in free-spool, pulled cable and then re-engaged it, it would not spool. It was the last thing I needed on the trails and ledges we do.
Unread 10-31-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
VZEHLER
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtEater
Which company?
I got the advertised price from this website http://expeditionimports.zoovy.com/c...ies.superwinch
but since I have never heard of them I called Quadratec and had them price match it.
It arrived two days after I ordered it.

Now, on to building a winch plate. It's in layout now... just gotta clean it up and weld... I will post pictures in the next day or so.

BTW, for the guy who asked if Superwinch will cover your tow??! Is that the best you could come up with. The better question for you is, Name one winch company that would cover a tow due to a failure! Stupid... Things like that is why you should have AAA.
VZEHLER is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.