Anyone know what this is? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Anyone know what this is?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVERô Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 09-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
HuntingForDeer

Anyone know what this is?

I saw this recently where I live. I hung around a while but the owner didn't show up. Anyone know what make/model Jeep it is? My research on the net leads me to think some year of Willy's Jeep truck. Second pic is closest i've found, a 1948 Willy's but not the same. If you can identify it please do. I want one lol.

img_1645.jpg  
1948_willys_pickup-sept4a.jpg

LOD rear bumper and tire carrier. AME Brute Force CAI and throttle body spacer
Kenwood head unit, 5 1/4 Infinitys up front, 5 1/4 Alpines in roll bar, Alpine 450 watt amp pushing 10" Infinity sub.
Nickelback in the CD player most of the time[/SIZE].
HuntingForDeer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
HuntingForDeer

Not sure if this was the right place to post a question like this. If there is a better place please move it for me moderators.
Kenwood head unit, 5 1/4 Infinitys up front, 5 1/4 Alpines in roll bar, Alpine 450 watt amp pushing 10" Infinity sub.
Unread 09-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #3
Rebel442
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Its a Kaiser Jeep M715, its a 1 1/4 ton military truck from the late '60s. That one is definitely modified and despite its color very pretty. They also made an enclosed back ambulance version the M725.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_Jeep_M715
Unread 09-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Kaiser-...25ebc4&vxp=mtr
Jeff88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Buddy had one, PTO winch n all, lots of rust. He sold it without askin me first.... haven't talked to him since
Mousejockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #6
HuntingForDeer

You guys are right, thanks. M715 , wish I could have talked to the guy that owned it. I might track one of these puppies down and rebuild it. Awesome Jeep. Turns out it was a militarized version of the J10 civilian Jeep truck. Some models called the "Honcho". Here : "Military versions of the civilian Jeep pickup included the M715 and M725. They were built under contract for nations in addition to the United States. The idea was to reduce costs by starting from a civilian truck and sharing parts with normal production-line truck to make a “Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle” (CUCV) for the military as a 5/4 ton tactical vehicle.[1]
Unread 09-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
HuntingForDeer

It looks like a hossed up version of a Jeep Scrambler, which I used to own and regret ever selling. Man, how I would love to rebuild one of them.
Unread Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #8
RARECJ8
1981 CJ8 

That rug has received a lot of attention to detail. 715
Even sceptor gas can...
www.hillsangels4x4.com
RARECJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.