Anyone have info on these LED tail lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Anyone have info on these LED tail lights?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have info on these LED tail lights?

I'm looking to buy LED tail lights for my 01 TJ. I do not want to cut the tub, or do any extravagant wiring as i have little knowledge in that area. I was looking at these Jeep LED Conversion Lights

the youtube video makes it seem too easy. google didnt have much to offer.

anyone have any info or insight??
thanks

dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

My good friend & fellow JF member Jerry (JeepsOLot) has them on his '92 YJ and I can tell you that they are VERY bright! I have the flush 4" and had to cut a hole in my tub & wire them up to install them. Jerry preferred to avoid that (as you do too) and as far as I know he is very pleased with them.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
fishinjeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I looked into them. I would love them. but just too much last time i checked
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

For that price I would pony up a little more and get the Savvy tail lights. I have a set and couldn't be happier. They are billet aluminum housings with LED inserts. I don't think you can find a brighter taillights, that looks like a Jeep and is almost flush. These are way better quality then those cheap LED add ins.

Savvy Off Road LED Tail Lights - Savvy Off Road Aluminum
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
Peterpsc
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
For that price I would pony up a little more and get the Savvy tail lights. I have a set and couldn't be happier. They are billet aluminum housings with LED inserts. I don't think you can find a brighter taillights, that looks like a Jeep and is almost flush. These are way better quality then those cheap LED add ins.

Savvy Off Road LED Tail Lights - Savvy Off Road Aluminum
I have the SAVVY tail lights. Excellent product.
Peterpsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Nice lights, but, OUCH! I paid $75 a piece for mine, and I thought I was getting bent over for what I got. That one looks to be a better product then mine, though.

Jerry
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

thank you all. question about the savvy lights. im waiting on the password to see the installation but is it necessary to relocate the license plate? im assuming this is for the light to light the plate up? thanks
dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
dickyson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know if you also have to change the relay? if yes which one do you recomend.

thanks
dickyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Tony89
1998 XJ Cherokee 

damn those savvy lights are nice. if i still had a wrangler (and more expendable cash) i'd be all over those
Unread 08-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh131 View Post
thank you all. question about the savvy lights. im waiting on the password to see the installation but is it necessary to relocate the license plate? im assuming this is for the light to light the plate up? thanks
Yes, but they have a nice bracket that you can use now with LED lights that you can get with it for your license plate. I got my lights before this was available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickyson View Post
Does anyone know if you also have to change the relay? if yes which one do you recomend.

thanks
Yes, and I would get the one that Savvy sells. That has proven to be the most full proof relay to find.

If you call Gerald at Savvy, he will probably hook you up with a better deal then online. They've also got a promo going on for Labor day.
Unread 08-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
dickyson
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yes, and I would get the one that Savvy sells. That has proven to be the most full proof relay to find.

If you call Gerald at Savvy, he will probably hook you up with a better deal then online. They've also got a promo going on for Labor day.
Thank you for the info
dickyson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
led , tail lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.