Anyone else junk their Teralow? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Anyone else junk their Teralow?

New! JK/U skid plate system.FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #1
zZ_Hop
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone else junk their Teralow?

I picked up a 92 YJ that had the teralow np231. The original teralow was installed in 2007 by the looks of the invoices and was replaced under warranty soon after. It's been whining, so we pulled it yesterday and the brass bushings on the planetary gears were all but a fine powder mixed in with the fluid.

Although this was the second teralow installed since 2007, there was less than 3,000 miles on it during this time. The jeep was only occasionally driven by the previous owner. We scrapped the teralow yesterday and just put a 231 in it with the SYE.

I was just curious if others have had the same issues and scrapped the teralow?

zZ_Hop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
JeeperDon
Join a 4x4 Club

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine has been in since 2005 and it has whined/rattled in 2WD since new. I had the t-case open 2 yrs ago to swap in a HD chain and all was fine with the Tera stuff (have the 2LO too).
Unread 04-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Me personally no...

A good friend of mine warrantied/rebuilt his four times before going back the NP231. Another close wheeling buddy is on his second TeraLow. Both complained of the noise.

Last edited by Jeepin72; 04-11-2015 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Thoughts
Jeepin72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.