Anyone buy the Lifetime Tent Trailer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Anyone buy the Lifetime Tent Trailer?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
stephenpegler
2003 WJ 

Anyone buy the Lifetime Tent Trailer?

Has anyone bought the Lifetime Tent Trailer? Iím thinking about buying one. Any advice will be appreciated.

It is a small utility trailer/camping tent trailer. The sides fold out to provide what looks like a roomy tent trailer. It looks like it might work well as an off-road camping tent trailer if it is equipped with bigger wheels and tires. Itís light enough to be towed by just about any kind of Jeep and itís narrow enough for most any trail. But it is big enough to haul an ATV along with the tent and camping gear.

It looks like it would be nice to just pile my the camping gear in the trailer rather than stuff the inside of my your Jeep and then also have to put stuff on the roof rack. Also, since Iím getting older, it would be nice to sleep above the ground on what looks like a pretty normal bed in the tent trailer (you would need a good sleeping pad). Also, there is plenty of headroom to stand up.

Thereís no kitchen or any of the other nonsense of a pop-up type camper - just a tent on a small trailer. The trails that I go on would destroy most any typical pop-up camper. My idea of camping in Arizona is to go just about as far as I can go on the old very rough mining trails and then camp. NO obnoxious developed campgrounds with noisy RVís and neighbors.

Costco is selling the Lifetime Tent Trailer right now for $1,999.99. http://www.costco.com/Lifetime%C2%AE...&storeId=10301 . From what I have read about this trailer, keep in mind that ďsome (lots) of assembly is requiredĒ

Samís Club sells a similar Lifetime trailer for a little more money but with a little lighter tent material - check the specs. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/search/...equestid=89893

Price direct from Lifetime is about $3,000.00 (http://www.lifetime.com/trailers/lifetime-tent-trailer) so Costco must be closing it out.

Iíve checked out some of the ďAdventureĒ type camping trailers and they are nice but very expensive. I donít want the Aussie type campers that go on your roof. Taking a leak in the middle of the night could result in a nasty fall :-(

stephenpegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
duckman1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The Costco deal looks pretty good I paid almost the same for a utility trailer for my quad. I like the tent set up and it appears to have enough room to be comfortable.

You mention that you might be considering equiping it with larger wheels, look into it to see if any are available. I found with my trailer it came with the largest wheels that would fit the hubs therefore i was unable to upgrade. Otherwise I like it, you could set a pop up to the front of the tent and give yourself an area to keep wet gear or some shade.
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Our local Cabella's store stocks these and they seem nice. These seem to be a slightly cheaper option than the original Jumping Jack trailers. There is alot of room inside these and the mattress that comes with them seems comfy. Some of the atv forums have tested these out. Looks like most of your cargo will have to go on top of the trailer as the tent fits in the frame.
Same as your atv would go on top. They do say the tent is removeable also, so you could use the trailer for more things.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
stephenpegler
2003 WJ 

I've seen wheel adapters on the Internet that can convert these little trailer wheels and tires to the 5 X 5 bolt pattern of my 17" wheels on my WJ. If I did that I could carry just one spare that would fit both my WJ and my trailer. I should have good ground clearance with 31" tires on the trailer that were on my WJ (I kept my old WJ tires when I went to new 32" tires on my WJ and they are good enough for a light weight trailer). If I had to use my new WJ 32" spare on the trailer with a 31" on the other side, it shouldn't cause any problems on a dumb trailer like it would on QuardraDrive. I just don't know if there is enough clearance for the 31" tires.
stephenpegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You would have to do something about the fenders.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.