Am I asking too much for my jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Am I asking too much for my jeep?

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
odie137
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Am I asking too much for my jeep?

Im selling my lifted TJ and just wanted to know if i put it up for a reasonable price. Here is the add. Thanks

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/4131222011.html

odie137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I see 2 things slowing you down, A jeep in my experience, sells well in the spring and summer. People just associate a jeep with no top and warm weather. The other thing is its a 4 banger. That alone would scare me off. If you have time, (don't need to sell quickly) I would leave it there. Seems like a reasonable price. It looks in great shape.
try expanding your ad too. Post in Nh, Vt, ma and me cr too. If you haven't already.

Good luck.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 02:34 AM   #3
Indy

About 3k more than i would pay.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
bbacus
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie137
Im selling my lifted TJ and just wanted to know if i put it up for a reasonable price. Here is the add. Thanks

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/4131222011.html
It looks very nice. I posted earlier with a higher price, but I neglected to read the entire deal...with the four cylinder you are probably at the high end of your price range. Didn't look at any book value, just going by what I see on the street. A good jeep with a 6 cylinder, around my area, could go as high as 10-12k (equipped appropriately). I've seen 91's for 9100. These aren't stock vehicles though...not sure of the details, but most of these have been lifted and equipped with after market add-ons. I've also seen clean 2000's for 6000.00. Good thing about jeeps wranglers is that they retain their value for a long time.
bbacus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Tdog02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

6 is ok, 5 is a good deal, 4500 would be a steal. Christmas is coming but hunting season will be here very soon, hang on to it and it will sell.
Unread 10-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
uberxj92
1992 XJ Cherokee 

You have a nice rig.
Here in Florida it would sell. But it would sell tomorrow here if it were 4500ish.
Down here the 2.5 isn't an issue but the tires would be. Otherwise she sexy
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Looks clean, i think that's a fair asking price, you can always negotiate lower.

I would take off that 3" body lift though, and maybe sell the big tires/wheels separately.
Shark_13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Its like a fish sandwich with ketchup on it. Or, salami on white bread. Meaning that you have a nice, economical clean 4 cyl TJ with tires and wheels that will only appeal to a person seeking an aggressive, off road/ custom looking rig. And, for that audience, you won't find a buyer of a 4 cylinder. And, with 5.5 inches of lift, you scare off the civilian buyers. You may never sell it until it becomes a steal. You could take off the body lift and put some 33's on it and probably sell it and the other wheels and tires separately, for the same price. But, as is, who would the person be who would want it?
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
Indy

The off roader who loves the smell of a burning clutch?

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
Freemaniz
2014 JK Wrangler 

In My opinion. I would drop to $5500 to catch peoples eye! and sell no less than $5k. I agree with others the 4banger is slowing you down. But It will sell for $6k to the right person Good luck!
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #11
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm sorry to repeat myself, but you need to get that body lift off and put some 33's on there and then, if you're lucky, you might get $4500 for it. The blue book on that rig is what? $3500?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.