Air Intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Air Intake

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
DylanAndre
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Air Intake

I am thinking of purchasing an AEM Brute Force cold air intake system for my tj..I am Jus looking for some input as to wheather or not it will make a noticable differance in performance and is it really worth it?

Unread 08-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
CRAWLING 98
Rock Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanAndre View Post
I am thinking of purchasing an AEM Brute Force cold air intake system for my TJ..I am just looking for some input as to whether or not it will make a noticeable difference in performance and is it really worth it?
This is a discussion that should bring allot of Pro's and Con's depending on the person. I currently have a K&N cold air system on my Jeep. I rather like the response when I push down the gas peddle and the way is sounds is cool too. So I'm saying YES to your purchasing your cold air intake. Most are about the same except for the NAME.

Some will say that you should save your money because the computer will adjust the fuel to air ratio and will not save you anything on gas mileage.

The choice will always be yours no matter what others will say.

If you decide to get one (no matter what brand ... take pictures).
Unread 08-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you do a search you will see that there are alot of threads on CAIs. If you are looking to gain HP then they are not good on the 4.0L/if you want better filtration they are almost all worse than stock airbox/if you want a cool sound then go for it.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
DylanAndre
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wut does it sound like?? and will it do anything performance wise?
Unread 08-12-2008, 04:32 AM   #5
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I had one on my TJ. I got rid of it for an ARB Snorkel.

I didn't really notice any difference. Your still bringing hot air into the airbox, just more of it. Go snorkel !
Unread 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
sebastian22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the AEM brute force kit on my 2.5L YJ. In my opinion its not worth it at all. The kit is overpriced, and the performance gain is minimal. For me, this is one of those mods that I regret.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.