AEV 2.5 vs. Mopar 2" lift - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-14-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
vfma91

AEV 2.5 vs. Mopar 2" lift

Looking for some input on lifts. I am looking for a 2-2.5" lift. Does anyone running any of these two lifts have any input on Ride on and off road or general thoughts. I have look d at Clayton 2.5 but for 4K installed I think that is an over kill for the kind of wheeling I will be doing. Any thought would be great! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Mopar kits are just rebranded kits from other makers, depending on the amount of lift and who they are buying from this month. Sometimes they're Superlift, sometimes AEV, sometimes Rubicon Express, sometimes others. Don't know who currently supplies their 2" kit, but be assured that you can get the same kit for less without the Mopar sticker on the box.
That said, Teraflex 2.5" kits are quite popular. If you research in the JK tech forum, you will find hundreds of threads on the topic...

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 7 Old 07-17-2017, 11:05 AM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Look at the Teraflex 2.5" kit. It's the most complete, low budget, quality kit you can get. It is also the building block for a more advanced lift if you go that route later on. With shocks, you are under $800.

The only extras you may need are adjustable quick disconnects (if you want to disconnect to get more flex) and possibly an adjustable front track bar. At 2.5", most JK's are still in spec for geometry but if yours is not after the lift, a set of geometry correction brackets can be added.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM2's 35x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #4 of 7 Old 07-25-2017, 09:19 AM
xxthomasxx
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Agree...Teraflex with Fox shocks are and standard here in Ohio for most people.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthomasxx View Post
Agree...Teraflex with Fox shocks are and standard here in Ohio for most people.
While I can't speak for JKs that others above have commented on, I'm surprised by this comment from a TJ owner. If you went over to TJ Tech and asked about Teraflex lifts I think the general consensus you'd find is bottom of the barrel.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-25-2017, 01:54 PM
xxthomasxx
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone that I know that does have this setup is on a JK or JKU and have no complaints. My TJ is outfitted with Savvy springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks and rides extremely well. We also own a 2016 JKU so I am unbiased when it comes to what is better for one Wrangler vs. another.

Within the TJ forum in my opinion you have too many users that are afraid to try something that is not tried and true, I myself fall into this category when researching parts. Hence why I have Savvy spring and the 5100's. Our club goes offroading every couple of weeks and I have seen from experience that the Teraflex and Fox shocks are the best bang for the buck and here of no complaints. When it comes time for me to purchase a lift for our JKU I will either go this route or all in with a Metalcloak game changer lift.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-25-2017, 01:58 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthomasxx View Post
Within the TJ forum in my opinion you have too many users that are afraid to try something that is not tried and true
When it comes to Teraflex I think its actually the reverse, at least for TJs. It's been around too long and there is too much information out there. There are better options at that price point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.