acquired an AMC eagle SX/4 with a 304 conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > acquired an AMC eagle SX/4 with a 304 conversion

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
rumblebox

acquired an AMC eagle SX/4 with a 304 conversion

my friend was going to scrap his early 80's eagle, so i told him i'd take it off his hands.

it's a grey SX/4 hatchback full-time with a 304/T4 swap. they did the conversion without converting it to 2wd. so it's probably the only 4wd V8 eagle around.

i'm not sure what i'm going to do with it, because it's pretty much impossible to make the thing cosmetically attractive, and i already have too many vehicles. it is, however, in excellent condition body and interior wise. with some wrangler wheels and a good polish job, it should be relatively presentable.

i'll get some photos later this week when i pick it up and throw some jeep wheels on it.

rumblebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
baldfatdad

Cool catch. A guy down the road from me has one, stock, looks like new. He also has a thing called a Concord. Only couple hundred of them made. I think there is an Eagle web site and there use to be an AMC get together in Racine Wi every summer.
baldfatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
JudoMahler

I have a v8 and 4wd Eagle!!! Probably one of the most gutless v8's i've ever driven, ha ha. Been trying to sell it for months, no takers.
JudoMahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
strvger01
1966 CJ5 

i had one with the 258/5 spd tranny. fast and thrifty on gas. wish i still had it for sure.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.