Acme Jeep Parts - really cheap parts, but reliable site? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Acme Jeep Parts - really cheap parts, but reliable site?

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
.Jch.
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Acme Jeep Parts - really cheap parts, but reliable site?

Does anyone know about this site. i've never heard someone reference it til I was on a local wheeling forum (they say its a sister site of q'tec, which makes sense since it has the same layout). Is it like a site with refurbished/returned items or something? Anyone shop here before?

http://www.acmejeepparts.com/

[U]OllllllllO[/U][/B]
[SIZE="1"]2006 Unlimited[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE]
[center][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #2006
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/LJ_Owners"]LJ Owners, join the group and click here.[/URL][/B][/center]
.Jch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea i ordered two shock boots there about a month and a half ago, no problems. I also used to order stuff from their truck site. I have never had any problems with them. Maybe somebody else has had different experiences.

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Be wary, lots of Acme's stuff is from the old cheap and shoddy Steel Horse product line that went belly up due to the crappy quality. I'd be especially wary of any of the tops like bikini or full tops, and their "stainless steel" products that are often such a poor grade of stainless steel that they are both rust-prone enough regular steel that magnets stick to it. Good stainless steel is supposed to be non-ferrous so a magnet won't stick to it.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #4
.Jch.
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I was looking at a skid plate, but seeing as for 15 dollars more and free shipping i'll just stick to muddy rocks to order from.
[U]OllllllllO[/U][/B]
[SIZE="1"]2006 Unlimited[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE]
[center][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #2006
[URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/LJ_Owners"]LJ Owners, join the group and click here.[/URL][/B][/center]
.Jch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
minitruck83
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Wile E. got great delivery service from Acme!

Allen
minitruck83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.