Ac not working in grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Ac not working in grand cherokee

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
ktplotts

Ac not working in grand cherokee

It finally got warm enough for me to turn on my ac recently, just to find out that it is not blowing out cool air. I checked the fuse and relay, both good. I got a cheap gauge and refill bottle of r134 from the store. The initial reading on the low pressure side was nothing so I verified that the gauge was working on another car, and it worked fine. So I figured the system was low and preceded to put the r134 in. after the whole can, pressure still read nothing and compressor was not kicking on. Anyone have any ideas that I can try next? I know the compressor will turn on because it comes on for a second then turns back off when I push the ac button. If you need more details, just ask. Thanks for the help. Its a 02 with straight 6 if that helps.

ktplotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
hoaxci5
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe you have a big leak, they have a uv additive in some of the refills which with a black light allows you to see where it is leaking from..

Personally I don't mess with AC though, if it doesn't work I take it in.. the refrigerant also has oil in it and not having the right amount of oil will burn up the compressor, and it's just not worth the gamble to me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.