About to spray my tub with U-pol Raptor Line - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
1997 TJ Wrangler 
About to spray my tub with U-pol Raptor Line

I'm thinking about finally spraying my 97 TJ's tub with Raptor Line and as I started to pull up some of the carpet I noticed an upward dent above the left rear tire. This probably was happened when I blew out my stock rear end but I haven't noticed it before. Everything works fine so I'm not worried about the mechanics of it just about the visuals. So my question is does anybody know how to knock this dent back into place before I spray my tub with bed liner? I dont want to see an ugly dent and would rather just try to hammer it down than paint over the dent. I can take some pictures and upload it if that would help. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 01:21 AM
1983 CJ7 
I can't help you with the dent, but I can say go with the monstaliner. For the bedlimer

Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

/l , [____],

()_) ()_)=@=)_)

My Build
post #3 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM
2006 TJ Wrangler 
Raptor is great. I've had it in my tub for 4 years and after a good cleaning, it still looks new.

Go borrow a deadblow hammer or body hammer and beat the bump back down. Walk the hammer around the bump and work your way in... Hitting it directly in the center will make it oil can the other way.

Also... When you spray the raptor... Start each coat on the upper parts of the tub... That way if some dribbles out of the gun onto the tub, you can correct it.

2006 I6 6-Speed X, 33" Goodyear Duratrac, 8.8.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM
2010 JK Wrangler 
I just sprayed my son's XJ interior with the Raptor liner. It is the easiest liner I have sprayed yet.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
1997 TJ Wrangler 
Thanks for the quick replies fellas! @ athos76 thanks for the advice I'll start asking around and see if anybody has one I can borrow. I've heard great things about Raptor liner and excited to start the project. I'll let y'all know how it goes and post some pics. Oh and if anyone has any more dent advice that would be greatly appreciated!

bed liner , bed lining tub , raptor , tub , u-pol raptor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.