About to spray my tub with U-pol Raptor Line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > About to spray my tub with U-pol Raptor Line

Currie RockJock Products!!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
dylanhaiduk
1997 TJ Wrangler 

About to spray my tub with U-pol Raptor Line

I'm thinking about finally spraying my 97 TJ's tub with Raptor Line and as I started to pull up some of the carpet I noticed an upward dent above the left rear tire. This probably was happened when I blew out my stock rear end but I haven't noticed it before. Everything works fine so I'm not worried about the mechanics of it just about the visuals. So my question is does anybody know how to knock this dent back into place before I spray my tub with bed liner? I dont want to see an ugly dent and would rather just try to hammer it down than paint over the dent. I can take some pictures and upload it if that would help. Thanks in advance!

dylanhaiduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
outdoorguy86
1983 CJ7 

I can't help you with the dent, but I can say go with the monstaliner. For the bedlimer
Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

[COLOR="black"] /l , [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [____],
l---L---OlllllllO-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)=[COLOR="Yellow"]@[/COLOR]=)_)

[COLOR="Cyan"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/nicks-83-cj7-frame-off-build-1360039/"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
outdoorguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Raptor is great. I've had it in my tub for 4 years and after a good cleaning, it still looks new.

Go borrow a deadblow hammer or body hammer and beat the bump back down. Walk the hammer around the bump and work your way in... Hitting it directly in the center will make it oil can the other way.

Also... When you spray the raptor... Start each coat on the upper parts of the tub... That way if some dribbles out of the gun onto the tub, you can correct it.
Unread 06-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Whobeme
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just sprayed my son's XJ interior with the Raptor liner. It is the easiest liner I have sprayed yet.
Whobeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
dylanhaiduk
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the quick replies fellas! @ athos76 thanks for the advice I'll start asking around and see if anybody has one I can borrow. I've heard great things about Raptor liner and excited to start the project. I'll let y'all know how it goes and post some pics. Oh and if anyone has any more dent advice that would be greatly appreciated!
dylanhaiduk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed liner , bed lining tub , raptor , tub , u-pol raptor

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.