99 tj frame/body quesion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 99 tj frame/body quesion

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
JasonosaJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

99 tj frame/body quesion

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong board for this post!

To get to the point, I am restoring a 99 wrangler sport and the frame is rotted out, so I got a nice one to replace it. All good there, except the metal part of the jeep's body that rests on the frame mounts is rotted out as well to my surprise.

Basically, I need some direction in 2 areas of this. 1; What is/are this/these piece(s) called technically, and 2; could somebody point me in a direction toward where I can order such parts? The jeep is in southern New York (I live in northeastern pa, but the parts would be ordered to the place in New York), so the closer and cheaper shipping would be the better!

Thanks!

Also, because my descriptions are rather poor, this picture *should* help sum up what I am referring to:

Last edited by JasonosaJ; 04-09-2013 at 06:04 PM..
JasonosaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Ryman12
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those would be your body mounts. Unfortunately, if were talking about the same thing, they are integrated into the tub. The only way to fix it would be to cut out the rust and weld up some new metal.
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
JasonosaJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman12 View Post
Those would be your body mounts. Unfortunately, if were talking about the same thing, they are integrated into the tub. The only way to fix it would be to cut out the rust and weld up some new metal.
Ahh, everytime I had searched for body mounts I would always get the same old stuff about body lifts and bushings to lift the body and all that, so I had figured maybe their was some other name I was unaware of.

I had feared that it would be integrated into the tub, but figured it would be easier to make something myself after all the trouble I have gone through of searching for it. Thanks for the response!

Anybody have any other input/ideas on how to fix this in the easiest way possible?
JasonosaJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.