94 Jeep wrangler wont start....HELP PLEASE!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 94 Jeep wrangler wont start....HELP PLEASE!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
NIGHTHAWK159
1994 YJ Wrangler 

94 Jeep wrangler wont start....HELP PLEASE!!!

I've got a 94 jeep wrangler 2.5L 4cyl that wont start or even attempt to start. I've had issues with my battery being drained before and all I've had to do was charge the battery and it starts right up, no problems. This last time I tried that and my battery was bad so I replaced the battery and threw it in and it didnt change anything. When you turn the key halfway it buzzes for the seatbelt warning and the warnings on the dash come on but they are really weak and intermittent. If you leave the key in then they become brighter but they are still cutting out. When you turn the key to start it, the lights turn off and nothing happens, no clicking of the relay or starter trying to turn over. Nothin. When you stop trying to start it the lights on the dash come back up but they are really weak again. When you try turning the lights on, the dash ones turn off and the lights dont come on. I replaced the starter maybe 6 months ago and the positive cable was redone where it attaches to the battery. Like I said, I've had problems with a draining battery in the past year but charging it has always fixed it, it would even turn over if you jumped it but now when you try and jump it, nothing happens. It doesnt even get the lights to come on after 10 minutes of being attached. Please help me because this is my daily driver. Thnaks guys

NIGHTHAWK159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
rjbruzan
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is still a loose or dirty connection somewhere. Disconnect the battery and start at the starter making sure the connections are clean and tight. Also check the grounds. If it wont turn over with the charger on the voltage is not getting to the starter.

Its like a fart in a windstorm
It smells good but thats about it

Registered Six Offender
Home of the Buzzin Half Dozen
rjbruzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I had this problem for Weeks with my 93 yj. After countless attempts, I fould out that there was enough corrosion between the battery post and the cable that it wasnt getting power. The exact same thing you're describing is what I was expiriencing. Had to take a wire brush to the inside of the terminal. Worked fine since. Hope it helps.
xxxxxxxTunesUpTopDown is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.