2005 jeep liberty exhaust question, cats stolen - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 2005 jeep liberty exhaust question, cats stolen

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
honchotheshiz
2005 KJ Liberty 

2005 jeep liberty exhaust question, cats stolen

someone apparently sawed off my cats while I was asleep last night, and my insurance won't replace it. I don't have the money to get new cats. so my question is if I put a pipe on there for temporary will it cause anything to go wrong with o2 sensors or pop up any code warnings?will it negatively effect performance any?

honchotheshiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey you're in Little Rock! So am I. Sorry to hear someone cut your cats off. That's completely ridiculous.

You could put a pipe in place of the cats temporarily, but it will be a whole lot louder with the air restriction from the cat no longer there. You'll also probably lose some torque. It probably won't damage your O2 sensors, but will throw a code. I'd get it replaced asap. I'd take it to Marty's Muffler out in Jacksonville. Great guy, great service, great price, and he will custom make your exhaust the way you want it and let you watch. Good luck.
BYuen is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
mylt1

why wont your insurance company cover it? i would pitch a b!tch every day till they did. it was theft of something that was bolted to the car so they should cover it. unless you have liability only.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
anymanusa
2005 TJ Wrangler 

lol, sounds like a way to ask a question without getting flamed for removing your cats. Clever.
anymanusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
XjChris843
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
lol, sounds like a way to ask a question without getting flamed for removing your cats. Clever.
it sure could be, but catalytic converter theft is a real crime that happens all the time.
97' XJ sport 4.0 - 8 inches of lift - full rusty skids - arb rear aussie front - 4.56 gears - 35X10.50 Interco Super Swamper SSRs- 16'' Cragar Soft 8 rims - wilderness roof rack - rustys steering box brace - rustys roll bar - rustys short arm intake - hack n tap SYE - YJ NP231J - trans cooler - tons of other stuff
XjChris843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
honchotheshiz
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anymanusa View Post
yes I could very well be, too bad they are not on there and giving me a headache when I drive, the stupid CEL constantly on so I wont know if something else goes wrong. Even went to autozone to get them to do there check and clear the code. That only worked for a couple of blocks. The insurance won't cover it because it's under a certain amount to where it's not wroth their time I guees. But the amount is high enough where I can't afford to buy new cats( there is two of them!). Having the damn things gone renders the rest of my custom exhaust useless, all the money I spent into it and virtually worthless to me now till I can find a fix for this.
honchotheshiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust , cat , O2 sensor , performance , code , CEL , check engine light

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.