2000 wrangler upper shock mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 2000 wrangler upper shock mounts

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 10-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
lipson1969

2000 wrangler upper shock mounts

I have recently purchased a wrangler and after my maiden voiage I realized that the upper shock bolts were broken off. Uppon further inspection I noticed someone had already replaced the bolts with smaller grade 2 bolts... my question is what kinda structural damage would I be doing if I cut an access hole to be able to cut the old nuts off and weld new nuts to the shock mounts or should I remove the body and make tye repair that way

lipson1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Loosen up the body mounts. Jack up the tub. Knock the old nuts off. Put bolts in from the top. No welding access required.
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
lipson1969

Good idea with the bolts down thru... you think they should be at least tack welded for future shock replacement or can a wrench be snuck in there to tighten them up... dont think the tub should be raised every time the shocks are replaced
lipson1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.