2" OME Lift Kit TJ - HELPPP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 2" OME Lift Kit TJ - HELPPP!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Mike_rosati
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2" OME Lift Kit TJ - HELPPP!

hi all,

i have a 97 Wrangler TJ Sport
6 Cyl, Manual - 5-speed
Full doors, hard top, with a stock suspension :'(

ive been looking into lift kits, and ive been going back and forth between the OME 2-2.5" lift, and the rancho 2.5" lift ( the one with the control arms and all)

Although the prices are similar on quadratec ( around $800-$900)
i heard alot of good things about OME so im probably going to go with that

I'm a bit in the dark here since ive never put larger suspension parts on anything, and you guys are THE BEST so i wanted your input!

HERES MY SITUATION

Im particular about my jeep (straight steering wheel, no wobble, no vibration,NO Axles shifted to the side! etc etc.) , and i want to do it right the first time to TRY to avoid future problems!

i know the OME 2-2.5" lift comes with
-Shocks
-Springs
-T-case drop
-Rear Trac bar relocation bracket
-Bump stops? (not 100% about that)
and im getting a new steering stabilizer

and im getting it aligned after installation!

Do i go with the light, medium or heavy lift?

i also want to know what else i am going to need,
upper/lower Control arms? Adj Front Trac-Bar? additional bump stops? quick disconnect sway bar links? anything else you could possibly think of!

like i said i want it done right the first time so please let me know what else im gonna need!

THANKS!

Mike_rosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
aTX427
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Complete OME kit, plus, SYE, adjustable rear control arms, adjustable front and rear track bars and bump stop to your load limits.
aTX427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.