2.5 suspension lift help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 2.5 suspension lift help

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 01-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #1
Shaneo7
1994 YJ Wrangler 

2.5 suspension lift help

Okay I was watching how to install a 2.5in lift on a yj and the guy had taken off the track bar does that mean I can go without one and will it fit back on the way it is or do I need an extended one my lift kit doesn't come with a relocater or anything is there a way I can relocate it without one and do I have to extend my brake lines with that little bit of lift?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shaneo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Shaneo7
1994 YJ Wrangler 

One more question will the stock sway bars still work for now?
Shaneo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
marzcap328
1993 YJ Wrangler 

With leaf springs running parallel to each other a track bar is not required unlike a vehicle running coils. You may notice a difference. I did a 2.5'' with a 1'' shackle and am no longer running track bars. It most likely will not fit with the 2.5'', as when I installed the 2.5'' with the 1'' shackles it was far from fitting. Keep in mind, you would need relocation brackets for front and rear.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
marzcap328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #4
marzcap328
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The stock sway bar links will work however the sway bar will be angled down at a pretty good angle. I would invest in disconnects since you most likely will need to replace the links anyway. Keep in mind the links are pressed on before you go to do it.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
marzcap328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.