1953 M100 trailer value - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > 1953 M100 trailer value

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
darren2569
2002 TJ Wrangler 

1953 M100 trailer value

So I found a 1953 M100 on CL for $750. The ad says it has slight surface rust and the tires are cracked but do hold air. Otherwise its in good condition. Sound like a good deal? I would like a small trailer and have been trying to find an M416 but round here theyre all rustbuckets going for $1k+.

Is there much difference between a M100 and a M416> I googled and in the pics they look the same

Unread 05-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
darren2569
2002 TJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

chances are you won't find a trailer in good shape for much less than $700. The prices have sky rocketed and are holding. Not much difference between the 416 and the M100 to the casual observer. Same size, differences are the M100 has man handles on the four corners, different number of tie down hooks on the sides, different park brake handle, different fenders and wheels.
I think there was a difference in the drain holes but can't remember what it was.
Offer cash in hand and see what the seller might let it go for.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed01 View Post
chances are you won't find a trailer in good shape for much less than $700.
This is true. For your purpose, either trailer would do.

I found a couple discussions on the differences here and here.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
darren2569
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Cool thanks guys. Now I just need the guy to email me back!! I hate when they dont give a phone #.
Unread 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
mark02tj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 1951 M-100 that I bought a few months ago. I wasn't looking for one but when I heard a guy on my local radio station's call-in "Tradin' Post" show say "I have an old Army ammo trailer that you pull behind a Jeep that I'd like to get $150 out of" my ears perked up in a hurry. I called the guy and 2 hours later was the proud owner of a 60 year old trailer!

Mine's not perfect. The brake handle and landing leg are rusted and there's some rust through along parts of the tub. Nothing that can't be fixed though, once I have some spare time.

If the trailer you're looking at still has the lunette on it (the big ring on the hitch) be sure to budget for a pintle hitch for your Jeep. Buy one that will raise the trailer tongue enough that it sits fairly level behind your Jeep but still lets your tailgate open. I found a truck supply house in MI that I ordered my pintle from. Ordered it at 3:00 pm and UPS pulled up in my driveway at 2:30pm the next day! If you need the name, post up and I'll go through my records for you.

Also, I noticed that you're running 32" tires with 3.07's. That's going to affect how much you'll be able to comfortably pull in that trailer. But, that M100 pulls like a dream behind my TJ.

Good luck getting it!! If you're able to buy it, post up a pic or two.
mark02tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.