'06 TJ Wrangler: Shift knob thread type and pitch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > '06 TJ Wrangler: Shift knob thread type and pitch?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 07-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
alleycat26

'06 TJ Wrangler: Shift knob thread type and pitch?

My kids bought me a shifter knob for my birthday from a big box auto parts place. I really like the knob and don't want to hurt their feelings by not using it. It came with the craptastic set screws and I want to make it a screw on. my question is this: what is the thread pitch and type on a jeep shifter? I have a 2006 wrangler TJ. I am making the assumption that the thread size and pitch is the same for all Jeeps. That may be wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Alleycat

alleycat26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
crzdmnky
1977 CJ5 

Have you just tried to shove it on? Maybe it will hold alright without having to screw it on? I did this once on my Ford Ranger, it didnt screw in, so I just pushed it on, and its still on there till this day 5 years later.
crzdmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The thread size is M10 X 1.5 on your '06.

You can read this thread for a bit more info:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ho...r-knob-251801/

Welcome to the forum!
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
alleycat26

Thanks for the replies. I'll go with the M10 x 1.5 and see what I can fabricate. Will post pics after it's done. Thanks again!
alleycat26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.