'05 Unlimited Hard Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > '05 Unlimited Hard Top

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 09-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
jeep_ranger850

'05 Unlimited Hard Top

Greetings all,

I am looking for advice on finding a decent '05 unlimited hard top. Craigslist has been letting me down and I've found a few aftermarket sites that make two piece hard tops that look nice, but that I'm not sure of. Are there any aftermarket brands I should look for or even stay away from? Or, should I just stick to OEM?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

jeep_ranger850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Zeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Keep checking craigslist, one will turn up. Did you try widening your search to different cities?
Unread 09-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
jeep_ranger850

I'm searching from where I live in Mississippi to New Orleans in the west to Pensacola, FL in the east. I have been able to find a few for sale, but they want way too much (avg. $1500) when I can buy a brand new aftermarket hard top for $2000. Also, some of the ones I've found on CL come from wrecked jeeps or are already damaged.

These aftermarket tops do not look bad I'm just wondering if they are worth buying.
jeep_ranger850 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
RockyMnt1

I just went through this nightmare with my hardtop. It was cracked in the driver rear corner through both layers of material. It was an insurance situation, so I was not concerned with the cost.
Here is what the insurance company found out:
1) No more OEM hardtops are being made.
2) Any decent hard tops on ebay/craigslist were around $1200-1500
3) The other option was an aftermarket hardtop.
4) Finally decided to just repair my existing hardtop. The interior /exterior both look great.
RockyMnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good luck. There are never any LJ tops in our area. I have been looking for a long time in Louisiana.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.