Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Wagoneer > Rosie

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Rosie Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Wagoneer Next Jeep

Rosie

Email Bookmark Print
rosiemyrosie
chicago

Jeep Information

Year:1986

Model:Grand Wagoneer

Engine:5.9L

Transmission:4WD

Hi there,
I'm new here & looking for some experienced advice. I've had my '86 Wagoneer for a little over a year. I've recently been having some electrical issues...new starter about 6 months ago & about 6 weeks ago new starter wiring. Last week as I was driving home all my dash lights & radio died & I lost brakes. When I pulled over & turned her off I noticed smoke under the hood. Turns out 2 of the spark plug wires were on fire & at this point the brake fluid reservoir was on fire. After having her towed home I tried turing her over & she started right up complete with radio & dash lights. The brakes were very soft, but I was able to back her into a spot. I have since replaced the 2 wires that were on fire & she seemed to be running even a little better than before. Last night the same thing happened again.
Has anyone ever encountered this problem? I'm planning on replacing all the wiring (I was low on time when I replaced the 2 & really just wanted to see if that would help) as well & the distributor. Also the master cylinder. But i'm stumped about why the wires caught fire to begin with. Any thought?

Thanks much!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

88wood
View 88wood's Jeep
04-25-2013, 01:27 PM
I would ask this question over in the FSJ forum of the site. More people see it there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.