Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Gladiator/J-Series Trucks > J20 Pioneer

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

J20 Pioneer Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Gladiator/J-Series Trucks Next Jeep

J20 Pioneer

Email Bookmark Print
74j20
Lincoln

Jeep Information

Year:1974

Model:J20

Engine:401

While trying to fill tank with gas at the pump, we discovered a leak at the fuel filler neck hose (cracking in the rubber at the lower clamp) so time for a replacement. So far only able to disconnect hose from bottom of filler neck at the metal tubing. Can anyone suggest best way to remove the filler neck so I can replace the old hose at the top. There is a small vent hose connected to the filler neck at the top which connects to the tank down below. If I can remove the clamp on the vent hose, maybe it will slide out the hole in the bottom of the enclosed space holding the filler neck? There are apparently two kinds of hoses for this replacement. Straight and 45degree. Mine seems more like an S curve? It's 2 1/8" hose so I am hoping to just replace the filler neck hose and not have to change the tank out or find a new neck. Any sugestions would help

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

tahoeJ10
View tahoeJ10's Jeep
09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
gas leak
i have a '74 J10 with the same problem. only the approximate 3" non-metal tube that connects the tank to the filler is straight and affixed with hose clamps. i have not had time to replace it, but mine appears to be very simple. the prior owner of my J10 (my mom) said at some point in the past the filler pipe had to be replaced because the new gas pump vapor recovery system would not work and she could not fill the tank, so the portion that comes in from the bed side has been replaced. perhaps that is why mine has a straight rubber 3-4" connector. good luck.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.