Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Gladiator/J-Series Trucks > Gladiator

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Gladiator Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Gladiator/J-Series Trucks Next Jeep

Gladiator

Email Bookmark Print
65carnes
cave junction

Jeep Information

Year:1965

Model:J-2000

Engine:AMC 360

Transmission:T-18

Transfer Case:Dana 300 w/ PTO

Front Axle:Dana 44

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:Not sure.

Suspension:Stock.

Tires:Not sure, they're metric. Around a 31 or a 33 though.

Wheels:Not sure. Two of them are two piece style though.

Armor:None

Recovery Gear:Winch

Accessories:Edlebrock Performer carb

Future Modifications:Alot.

I love this Jeep. I bought it for $600. Put like $300 or so into it, and it runs pretty good. One of the valves in the number one cylinder had a huge crack in it, so I pulled the intake and head and replaced it. Replaced some gaskets. Put it back together and it still didn't run. Found out distributor wasn't completely in place, so I popped it down all the way. Then it fired right up. Timed it, now it runs good! The body is in pretty good shape throughout. Except the floor of my cab is rusting out But I love it! It's my daily driver.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

pleontks
View pleontks's Jeep
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
If your rust isn't too bad, don't fret. Just redid my floor (76 j10) with wire wheels, quiksteel for the lil holes, and 7 coats of rustoleum. Will post some pics up soon

65carnes
View 65carnes's Jeep
02-15-2011, 02:26 PM
The rust is really bad. I pulled my bench seat out and pulled the vinyl flooring out, and like the whole floor is rusting. It's pretty bad. The rear driver side of the cab has two big holes, big enough to fit my fist through. I'm gonna have to cut out the rust and weld some plates in there.

Mayhem74
View Mayhem74's Jeep
10-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I am getting my 74 J 10 floor pans and rocker panels done this week. It was too many patches so I went with all new metal. I didn't think it was bad until I pulled up the floor. Soon it will be metal and por-15.