JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   SanDiego (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/)
-   -   Who's going out this weekend?! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/whos-going-out-weekend-1928273/)

DuckRunner09 12-26-2013 07:33 PM

Who's going out this weekend?!

My wife and I want to (I NEED to) get down and dirty on some rocks. Anyone hitting the trails this weekend? I at least wanna get out and camp, but last weekend was just a "camping trip" with the dogs and wife and ended up trying to connector at Bronco Peak because I couldn't stand just looking at it... I seriously need to get out in low and drive over some rocks... if anyone has anything going on and has room for another Jeep I would love you forever. Strictly platonic of course :shhh:

jbolty 12-26-2013 10:23 PM

I was thinking about a run to corral canyon on sunday. I had new gears put in a few weeks ago and have done no driving except moving it out of the driveway. Gonna drive it a little tomorrow and make sure it's all ok.

DuckRunner09 12-27-2013 07:33 AM

Lemme know if you decide to go, I've got a good feeling I'll be camping down there and would love to run some trails with you if you end up going!

premo 12-27-2013 09:29 AM

Maybe next weekend if my rear gears ever show up. Hope to see them today or early next week

sdmoose429 12-27-2013 10:11 AM

I'm looking to check out Pancake Rock on Saturday afternoon.

Motorep 12-27-2013 12:11 PM

I've got a mixed group doing Elliot Mine and Smugglers Cave on Sunday. It's TJ's and Taco's so let me know if you're interested. Oh, and a few dogs too.

DuckRunner09 12-27-2013 03:09 PM

Where is that at? I just found my front gears are falling apart so I may be out of commission for a while. It's always something with these things..:drool:

tomertrx450 12-27-2013 03:18 PM

i am going to run pancake rock tomorrow if anybody want to join me they can mostly hit the trail around 10 1030am

Motorep 12-27-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckRunner09 (Post 18885025)
Where is that at? I just found my front gears are falling apart so I may be out of commission for a while. It's always something with these things..:drool:

It's out past Jacumba at the In-Ko-Pah exit.

DuckRunner09 12-27-2013 05:59 PM

Well I'm headed to corral canyon... After a long argument with myself I decided to go at least camp, hope to see someone I know out there or very friendly strangers. If anyone wants to meet up message me on here or show up at the bottom camp (corral canyon camp, not bobcat meadows. the one by the connector trailhead.) and I'll be in the corner camp by the trailhead if it's open. Got one more Jeep going by the way it sounds in the morning, hope to wheel tomorrow and sunday

premo 12-27-2013 09:42 PM

Spiders turn out to be ok?

DuckRunner09 12-27-2013 10:44 PM

They're useable.. Not stripped out but sketchy for anything rougher than corral canyon. Me and the wife just got here decided to camp at bobcat Meadows by the sidewinder tail exit tonight. If anyone shows up I'm down to wheel otherwise it'll be a strictly camping weekend

DuckRunner09 12-27-2013 11:25 PM

Open invite if anyone is foolish enough to follow me up bronco tomorrow. I'm at bobcat meadow camp ground, only black jk with "duckrunner" decals on the hood...

Down the 8 east past pine valley, take a right at buckman springs road, go till you pass the high school and you'll see a ranger fire station just past that. Couple hundred yards past it there's a sign to corral canyon ohv, take that right. 7 miles down you'll get to the "four corners" at the top of the hill, take a left and follow the pavement till it ends at the camp ground. I'm in the back campsite to the right before you hit the campground loop. Blue tent. Black Jeep.

slowandsteady 12-27-2013 11:48 PM

I'll most likely be out there in the am, I would like to tag along if you dont mind.

DuckRunner09 12-28-2013 07:40 AM

Perfectly fine by me! My other buddy bailed, but I'm still down for some wheeling

The time now is 10:54 PM.