Who is up for doing the Rubicon Trail this coming year? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Who is up for doing the Rubicon Trail this coming year?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 12-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Do you know how to swim?

I think i remember how.

jeepnkal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #17
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccafire View Post
For swimming I would wait till July. The run-off is cold. Just go before the first good rain in October.
Right on. Another question for you, What do people do with tow vehicles? Do they get to Tahoe and interstate it back to thier rigs?
Unread 12-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #18
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am definitely game for this. If anyone knows of anyone with a long pintle pull flatbed trailer we could use I have a truck that will tow 2-3 jeeps. We also have some family up that way, I will see how close they are for parking of some tow vehicles.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnkal View Post
Right on. Another question for you, What do people do with tow vehicles? Do they get to Tahoe and interstate it back to thier rigs?
Most that I know of just turn around and go back. We have a lot of green stickered buggies up here. There is parking at both ends for trailers. If you do decide to drive back via Hwy 50 just make sure your are "street" legal i.e. front license plates, fender flares. Also, be aware of Law Enforcement on the trail. They will give you tickets for no seatbelt/no front plate/open container/dui/cracked windshield.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #20
wsaxer
2007 JK Wrangler 

My wife gets back from deployment in June and I think it would be a great time but can't go until at least then...
wsaxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #21
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I am definitely game for this. If anyone knows of anyone with a long pintle pull flatbed trailer we could use I have a truck that will tow 2-3 jeeps. We also have some family up that way, I will see how close they are for parking of some tow vehicles.
I will ask around, but I would definetly want to get in towing if we can get 2 or more jeeps on one that would be great.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #22
wsaxer
2007 JK Wrangler 

I think my truck could handle two jeeps if we had a trailer for it
wsaxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #23
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Heres a link to a thread with some pics of the trail. This is my motivation for the next 6 months.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/r...010-a-1078646/
Unread 12-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #24
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've already planned to make a Rubicon trip this year it just comes down to a finding a date that will work. The end of June/July is always my Austria vacation so the first week of August is the next time I could go. If not then, then maybe the 3rd or 4th week if September. I love my job but all of the events and races I have to attend are a PITA when it comes to scheduling time off!
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #25
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Based on the RT calendar, the best time to go looks like the first week of July. After that its booked for multiple events, i.e. Jeepers Jamboree and the Jeep Jamboree. There are more dates available after that, but we are talking August, September.

I am planning on the 3rd - 8th of July.
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #26
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Based on the RT calendar, the best time to go looks like the first week of July. After that its booked for multiple events, i.e. Jeepers Jamboree and the Jeep Jamboree. There are more dates available after that, but we are talking August, September.

I'll just be coming back from Austria that week so I'm out that weekend. I'm thinking August/September for my trip. Also, with all the snow fall they're getting up there right now I think they'll still have snow in July.
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #27
Sccafire
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Just so you know, since it is the weekend of the 4th, it will be very busy.

"life is good at 2 MPH"
Sccafire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #28
TJXTWO

We have a family cabin at Tahoe. I was planning on flying up there the week of the 4th of July, but I might have to take the jeep instead.
03 TJ Sport, 4.5" RE SuperFlex short arm lift, Tereflfex ST swaybar, 33" MTR's, Body Armor bumpers @ sliders, 5 speed manual... 06 TJ Rubicon, 4.5" RE long arm lift, Currie Antirock front and rear , OR Fab bumpers @ sliders, K@N intake, custom exhaust, 1" BL , 1" motor mount lift, 35" MTR's on Pro Comp Alloys, 6 speed manual.
TJXTWO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Im still in.
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:50 PM   #30
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

same.....working on getting the XJ ready...
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.