where do i get rid of old gas at? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > where do i get rid of old gas at?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

where do i get rid of old gas at?

I have about 30 gallons of old/dirty gas I need to ditch. Any ideas?

Unread 07-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Strain out any actual debris and use it, 1 gallon per 10 gallons of fresh gas. At that dilution it won't hurt anything.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Nope. Not putting it back in my truck. Well over seven years old and has lots of debris. It needs to go lol. Free for anyone that wants it. It's actually about 20 gallons of fresh mixed with old Crap.
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

if your near an airport talk to an authority there. fuel sumping airplanes is very common and the used fuel is disposed of. 20 gal of fuel is a drop to a 50,000 gallon airplane. youd have to do a general aviation airport though. Commercial is WAY to restrictive with EPA regulations. Have you spoken to your local gas station? They might have some set up .. Firestation?
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Bonfire?

lolololololololol
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #6
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

We need to get too the desert asap. I'm sure the gas is still good...it's mostly fresh. I just don't want to mess around with filtering out any sediment that might be in it. If anybody wants it, let me know. I might see if the landscapers at work tomorrow want it. Anyways, I have another tank that's full that needs to be drained now so I can clean it and all my cans are full...balls
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
We need to get too the desert asap. I'm sure the gas is still good...it's mostly fresh. I just don't want to mess around with filtering out any sediment that might be in it. If anybody wants it, let me know. I might see if the landscapers at work tomorrow want it. Anyways, I have another tank that's full that needs to be drained now so I can clean it and all my cans are full...balls
I have a whole bunch of empty jerry cans
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

If you were closer I would burn it in my jeep, she aint picky.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Damn
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just go and mow like 900 lawns, lawn mowers don't even care if it is or was gas.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ha! so you're saying i should go purchase a lawn mower now? woohoo! a trip to the depot!!

in all honesty, i'm sure its just fine to use. it was mixed with a lot of fresh gas from the get-go...i just don't want to d*** around with filtering it out when someone could just take it for free. i dont think there's a whole lot if any sediment in the cans, most of it was left in the tank when i dropped it. i just dont want to risk it as i dont want to play with it twice. i hate dealing with gas as it is.
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #12
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

random mexican dude in the alleyway took it last night...and took a blown out 35" Mickey T., an old/broken washer/dryer and a bunch of other stuff. it was a win across the board. lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.