welding class? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > welding class?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

welding class?

so it looks like im gonna have the evenings and weekends off for about the next 6 months and was thinking about taking a welding course.

i do a lot of welding on the jeep with my HH140 but its all been self taught.

i heard one of the best things to do is take a night course.

most people say they only run about $75 for a course. any one know of any or attended any for themselves?

-chris

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
Gearhead231
1999 XJ Cherokee 

75 a course!?!?!? TAKE IT! My school has a year long CNC/Welding Course. I would love to take it but I cant justify the time when its something i do for a hobby. Taking a class on something you like doing is awesome. Especially welding because youll be the go to guy and get to work on people jeeps
Cherokee Creto-This is my cherokee... there are many like it but this one is mine, I will love my cheroke form the day of ownership untill the day it dies, I promise to modd it and beat it after said mods... i promise to treat all other cherokee owners as family even though they are complete strangers.... and promise to jeep on forever
Gearhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

well i havent found any in san diego yet but the common census throughout the fab section is most CCs offer cheap nighttime classes for around that price.

im going to keep looking

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Chris, my son Rusty knows where classes are available. He want to take some too.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
StvDiego

The Employee Training Institute has classes through the SD Community Colleges: Welding Classes

The classes are very inexpensive. like free under circumstances, but it's almost a full year program intended as job training

Free Welding Class in San Diego:

StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Delta347
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
well i havent found any in san diego yet but the common census throughout the fab section is most CCs offer cheap nighttime classes for around that price.

im going to keep looking
Palomar College has welding courses. Its a good 20-30 minute drive from San Diego but if you don't find anything closer that is an option.
Side Effects may include dry mouth, nausea, vomitting, water retention, painful recolage, hallucination, dementia, psycosis, coma, death, and halitosus. YJs are not for everyone please consult your physician before use.
Delta347 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.