Trails in Cleveland Nat'l Forest - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Trails in Cleveland Nat'l Forest

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
Hey guys, just got back into town a little while ago. My buddy and I went on Saturday morning. We started off with Gun Slinger (11A), and then decided to run Bronco Flats (5A) based on the trail guide here.

Forest service rates 5A as difficult, website said moderate...Uh, forest service was right. Haha we got through it fine, but in a stock Jeep other than sliders and 31"s there were some oh crap moments.

I've got some pics from gun slinger I'll upload after I get them off my buddy's camera. I would have taken some pics on Bronco Flats, but I was busy trying not to soil my shorts.
haha yea bronco flats has a couple rough spots

just be glad you didnt run bronco peak.

its time to turn around when you see signs that say this

or if you like adventure thats when you gas it and dont look back.

im glad you had a good time though, i would love to see some pics.

sorry i couldnt make it. just really didnt want to blow up my D35 this weekend. its not my DD, i just dont quite have all the parts gathered or the rest of the money for my axle swaps.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #17
TonysTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey sorry to disrupt this thread but I drove some trails with a buddy in Wildomar OHV and I'm curious of anyone is familiar with that area. We made it to the top of a trail and saw the most difficult symbol and maybe some red symbols saying extreme difficulty if I remember correctly just before it headed down toward the campground. I do know that we saw some painted rocks saying "turn around" and "go back" however my buddy did not heed the warning and it took us 3 hours to pull him back up the trail after he had over committed. Is there a name for this trail and has anyone else drove it?
TonysTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #18
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysTJ View Post
Hey sorry to disrupt this thread but I drove some trails with a buddy in Wildomar OHV and I'm curious of anyone is familiar with that area. We made it to the top of a trail and saw the most difficult symbol and maybe some red symbols saying extreme difficulty if I remember correctly just before it headed down toward the campground. I do know that we saw some painted rocks saying "turn around" and "go back" however my buddy did not heed the warning and it took us 3 hours to pull him back up the trail after he had over committed. Is there a name for this trail and has anyone else drove it?
Dont know what it is called but I was there last weekend, good thing is I walked that trail before I told myself that ther is no Fking way I am doing that!!!
I would try it in my buggy or my dirtbike, but not my Jeep (Yet)...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.