tj interior plastic painting - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > tj interior plastic painting

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #16
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Can't argue with that!

on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #17
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a new truck once and it had a flaw in the dash, the sprayed it with something and I couldn't tell the difference yet I only owned that truck for a year so don't know how it held up. My neighbor is a custom upholstery guy and he says he dyes them all the time in hot rods and it come out great, i will ask him what he uses.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #18
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just talked to the upholstery guy and he uses SEMS bio dye and another SEM product but says nothing he has found on the market really holds up to any abuse.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #19
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I only drive the jeep about 40 miles a month unless I go on a run which anymore is rare due to my work schedule. Past 5 yrs I've maybe put 2500 miles on it.It's also garage parked so I'm sure it'll hold up compared to being in the sun all day and "abused". I probably gonna jump into this project in 2 wks or so. I'll probably just buy new 1/2 door interior panels since they will get the most wear. The dash bezel, airbag cover and plastics that wrap around the turn signal/wipers will need to be done. Other than that I dont think I'll mess w/anything else. Looking to color match the other stuff as close as possible. Nothing flashy.
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did you take a look at my interior when you picked up the jackstands? I painted some pieces in mine. I used paint thinner to wipe them down/clean them. Then a couple coats of primer and a couple coats of red rattle can. Has held up great. Done it over a year ago. I'll get some more newer pics up.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.