Tierra Del Sol 2014 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Tierra Del Sol 2014

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #61
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

That's not moose is it??? LOLOL

It's probably the headlights that got it up. For some reason jeeps with square headlights are far superior at climbing things lol

Unread 03-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #62
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, yj's are great. buy them for 1,000 dollars and go up stuff like that. Then again, mess up and you get helivac'd and die at the hospital like the guy that did at the last TDS... STUPID AND POINTLESS OBSTACLE THAT SHOULD BE TORE DOWN.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #63
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Totally agree with you. That thing is absolutely ridiculous
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #64
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
yeah, yj's are great. buy them for 1,000 dollars and go up stuff like that. Then again, mess up and you get helivac'd and die at the hospital like the guy that did at the last TDS... STUPID AND POINTLESS OBSTACLE THAT SHOULD BE TORE DOWN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Totally agree with you. That thing is absolutely ridiculous
agree and agree.

A few more injuries there and the whole park will get shut down. Personally I'm not a fan of forcing every event to be dumbed down to "kid friendly" but TDS would do everyone a big favor by discouraging the drunken nonsense. It's not too hard to see their permit getting rejected based on how many lifeflights get called.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #65
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

well this yr was the 1st TDS event that I've seen (and I've been to 10) where the cops were in serious full effect.. They were cracking down HARD. Also I didn't see very many of the seriously annoying quad runners blazing around near campsites keeping everyone awake at 3 am. It seemed much more organized this yr. Maybe the bad weather kept the moron's at home although it was still a pretty big turn out.
The man made course is pretty stupid. There are a few spots in there that are decent but the climb up thing that injures people needs to go and I don't know what they were thinking about when they made it/allowed it. Someone needs to go out there with a couple of sticks of dynamite and fix it.. esp the family of the people that have been killed/injured.
I was standing 30 ft away from the rig that went up that thing and shot straight up then flipped and came back only to land on his roof. The area was shut down, a helicopter came in and he was transported. Only several months later did I learn that the driver died.
The problem is a combination of things. rigs not build properly. Cages made with 110 welders and bubble gum beads, alcohol, crowd enthusiasm and plain stupidity aren't gonna save your *** from going over backwards, over shooting it, going off the sides... 4 ways to get jacked on that thing...
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #66
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think it should stay. We don't need to make this world safe for every idiot. If you don't have or use better judgement why does everyone else have to suffer. It's a neat thing for those properly built rigs, I may never use it but if I built my jeep for it I don't want to be told I can't do it because some drunk guy thought he could jump a building in a vehicle not made for it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #67
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I think it should stay. We don't need to make this world safe for every idiot. If you don't have or use better judgement why does everyone else have to suffer. It's a neat thing for those properly built rigs, I may never use it but if I built my jeep for it I don't want to be told I can't do it because some drunk guy thought he could jump a building in a vehicle not made for it.
This

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #68
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fair point and I agree for the most. What they do need to do is have cops at the entrance to that obstacle course area and make sure no one is high or drunk and that they have a license. Then they can come in and kill themselves at will. I can pretty much say for certain that a lot of the injuries are stimulant induced.
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #69
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Here hold my beer... Watch this

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #70
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
BTW............who was out there that had a Bicycle shop? One of the guys mentioned it and I need a new front fork on my Kona.
Todd owns the bike shop. He's a friend of Kevin's and has an awesome green Jeep.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #71
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I don't like that obstacle and I think it's stupid that they don't have somebody there to watch who goes up it, making sure they aren't drunk, they are wearing a safety belt, and they have a front cage that is worthy of it.
We saw the guy in the old beat up Ford pickup get high centered, and his buddy climbed up and tried to push him off. Then others climbed up to help. When he came down he almost rolled it. Imagine if his brakes failed on that POS wreck of truck and he rolled backward into the crowd watching him. It came down QUICK, with a bang and pieces flying off it.
But a good, well built rig should have access to it.
Somebody posted a pic of the POS truck.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #72
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It wasn't a ford. It was a yj.. I can understand your getting confused as they are both pos... lol
Unread 03-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #73
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
It wasn't a ford. It was a yj.. I can understand your getting confused as they are both pos... lol

What? You weren't there. It was Sunday when we went wheeling after you left.
It was amazing in itself that this POS Ford truck even made it TO the obstacle.
I don't think I've seen a truck look that bad even after the demolition derby. No cage, no brains, gunned it to the top, high centered and couldn't get off it.
I think Kevin has a pic of it.
And a YJ is NOT a POS. At least mine isn't. Don't be a hater.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #74
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yj s are not pos just the ones that go up that thing. At least the 99% that I've witnessed. I'd never banter a jeep that someone has put love sweat money and tears into.
Unread 03-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #75
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
What? You weren't there. It was Sunday when we went wheeling after you left.
It was amazing in itself that this POS Ford truck even made it TO the obstacle.
I don't think I've seen a truck look that bad even after the demolition derby. No cage, no brains, gunned it to the top, high centered and couldn't get off it.
I think Kevin has a pic of it.
And a YJ is NOT a POS. At least mine isn't. Don't be a hater.
Here ya' go!
1380545_10200641305033333_950797500_n.jpg   1912475_10200641304833328_1634026796_n.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.