Tierra Del Sol 2014 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Tierra Del Sol 2014

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 02-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #31
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

On my way now. I'm in Ramona looking for rain boots for my sister at kmart. Break in the rain so far. .

brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2014, 07:01 PM   #32
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just got here. Dusty but no rain yet...... time to start looking for people..
Unread 03-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #33
paththrasher
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Is it worth going out for the Vendors this year?
paththrasher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #34
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did any one see my buddy out there making a fool of himself? he send me this picture telling me that he almost rolled over down the hill, he had to ask for help since he was sliding down. A jeep had to go over to winch him thru the hill.

And yup, that's my buddy that swears that his FJ is way better than my jeep
image.jpg  
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #35
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

That's funny...was a fj that blocked the trail last year.

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #36
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just got home.... Weather report for me was: douching rain here. Once I got past Ramona it was nice. Then it got super windy out by Borrego. Turned into a sand storm through Borrego then It was mildly windy at base camp. Was BEYOND windy for about 2 hrs while I tried to set up my tent but then after that it was AWESOME.. Saturday was gorgeous all day with some wind/sand here and there. Sunday (today) was sunny mid 70's and raining from Julian then you know the weather here in SD.... Very glad I went. Thank you Chris, Rik and everyone else for letting my sister and I base camp with ya'll. Got a few pics here and there. Anyone who has em post em!
Rik! I don't think you're gonna make that one my friend!!! It's a 5 ft vertical drop after the 60 degree grade..
still need a suckdown winch..
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #37
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry I couldn't be there to winch you up the hill again
<3
Unread 03-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #38
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

tmbss131127.gif

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #39
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The drive out and the drive back were a bit more dangerous than the trail run. Better step ya game up Chris!! lol Totally kidding. I had a great time out there. The weather held steady for us and the trail run was good to go.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #40
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

So yeah, this was how my weekend started.

Ok. Here's the story. It was raining. Coming down banner grade about halfway down. I was going slow and cautious, even more than usual due to the wet roads. Going around one of the curves the front of the truck started to slide over towards the oncoming lane. I tried to correct but no good. Jeep pushed the truck forward, the jeep slid the other way and went up the embankment on the side enough that it tipped over onto its side. As I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to do a couple of other Jeep guys on their way out to the desert pulled up behind me. One of them hooked his winch up to my rear bumper and while trying to just drag it on its side over enough to allow me to disconnect what was left of my tow bar, it wound up tilting back up onto its wheels a bit. Seeing this I put the Dodge in reverse and managed to right it. We got the bar unhooked and pulled the jeep up a little onto a turn off. Picked up the tools that spilled out and checked the damage. The YJ got off fairly clean amazingly. Bent front passenger side leaf spring, a few scratches on the windshield frame and the roll cage. Tool box broke open and spewed my tools out but that's about it. The truck wasn't so lucky. The radiator hoop on the jeep out a huge dent in the drivers side rear corner, knocked out the tail light, and the jeep itself bent the crap out of the bumper and forced it into the corner of the bed. Tow bar was also completely destroyed. No injuries however. Called The wife and asked her to go buy and bring me a new bar which my amazing wife went well out of her way to do for me. Waited on the side of the road for two hours for her. Hooked the new bar up and made it out to Truckhaven.

I had hoped that was the end of my bad luck but the wind on Friday destroyed my tent so I had to sleep in the truck the rest of the weekend.

On the bright side Karma kicked in and I had my second raffle win on Saturday. Won a Rugged Radio VHF race radio and antenna, $500 Rubicon Express gift certificate, (perfect as I have to replace a bent spring from the tow flop) some new grab handles and a few other odds and ends. Had no further trouble or problems the rest of the weekend.

Though this morning on my way to work the truck started making a clunking noise and the brakes went out so I had to limp it home and take the YJ to work. Not sure what's up with that yet.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #41
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I thought my yj was a prerunner and bent both my front springs.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #42
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

NICE! pics?
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #43
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We had a blast, Chris. Thanks for including us. Did anyone get any pix of that one hill climb where I threw up a smokescreen?
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #44
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Green YJ View Post
So yeah, this was how my weekend started.

Ok. Here's the story. It was raining. Coming down banner grade about halfway down. I was going slow and cautious, even more than usual due to the wet roads. Going around one of the curves the front of the truck started to slide over towards the oncoming lane. I tried to correct but no good. Jeep pushed the truck forward, the jeep slid the other way and went up the embankment on the side enough that it tipped over onto its side. As I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to do a couple of other Jeep guys on their way out to the desert pulled up behind me. One of them hooked his winch up to my rear bumper and while trying to just drag it on its side over enough to allow me to disconnect what was left of my tow bar, it wound up tilting back up onto its wheels a bit. Seeing this I put the Dodge in reverse and managed to right it. We got the bar unhooked and pulled the jeep up a little onto a turn off. Picked up the tools that spilled out and checked the damage. The YJ got off fairly clean amazingly. Bent front passenger side leaf spring, a few scratches on the windshield frame and the roll cage. Tool box broke open and spewed my tools out but that's about it. The truck wasn't so lucky. The radiator hoop on the jeep out a huge dent in the drivers side rear corner, knocked out the tail light, and the jeep itself bent the crap out of the bumper and forced it into the corner of the bed. Tow bar was also completely destroyed. No injuries however. Called The wife and asked her to go buy and bring me a new bar which my amazing wife went well out of her way to do for me. Waited on the side of the road for two hours for her. Hooked the new bar up and made it out to Truckhaven.

I had hoped that was the end of my bad luck but the wind on Friday destroyed my tent so I had to sleep in the truck the rest of the weekend.

On the bright side Karma kicked in and I had my second raffle win on Saturday. Won a Rugged Radio VHF race radio and antenna, $500 Rubicon Express gift certificate, (perfect as I have to replace a bent spring from the tow flop) some new grab handles and a few other odds and ends. Had no further trouble or problems the rest of the weekend.

Though this morning on my way to work the truck started making a clunking noise and the brakes went out so I had to limp it home and take the YJ to work. Not sure what's up with that yet.
Glad that went as well as it did...that right there was good luck considering the outcome that could have been...then winning at Raffle. I'd buy a lottery ticket.

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #45
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmoose429 View Post
We had a blast, Chris. Thanks for including us. Did anyone get any pix of that one hill climb where I threw up a smokescreen?
Kevin got a YouTube video of you coming up Moose.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.