Tierra Del Sol 2014 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Tierra Del Sol 2014

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tierra Del Sol 2014

So who's all going this yr? Are we gonna have a common camp spot? Let's get a roster going.

brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

We will be there but just doing day run on Saturday.
Unread 02-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be there as always. Flying solo this year since the wife is carrying our first baby and I don't think bouncing around in the YJ all weekend is a good idea. I'll be heading out on Thursday morning to pitch camp as usual for the Jeepaholics adult camp. Taking the usual 4 kegs of Homebrew. Planning to camp on the left side of North Marina drive before the hills to the old vendors area. Probably somewhere in this vacinity.

Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

We (wife and I ) are going out Friday. Not sure exactly when. Need to camp near a potty, though.
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
rickscj7boom
1984 CJ7 

Hey guys, never been to TDS even though I live 45min away.. my jeep is a hunting rig mainly but I was thinking of checking it out this year.. quick question.. do jeeps require desert whip flags to cruise around?
rickscj7boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscj7boom View Post
Hey guys, never been to TDS even though I live 45min away.. my jeep is a hunting rig mainly but I was thinking of checking it out this year.. quick question.. do jeeps require desert whip flags to cruise around?
No, in fact most 4x4 groups and clubs don't allow long whip cb antennas because of the risk to bystanders.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like rain might hit the fri before tds . That's great news. Should keep all the dust down or at least the ..001 inch of top layer. I'm still waiting for a "who's going". Jeff? Ron? Taylor? Jason? Jason? Kevin? Roberto? Moose? Rik? Chris? Bueller? Bueller?
Unread 02-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint
Looks like rain might hit the fri before tds . That's great news. Should keep all the dust down or at least the ..001 inch of top layer. I'm still waiting for a "who's going". Jeff? Ron? Taylor? Jason? Jason? Kevin? Roberto? Moose? Rik? Chris? Bueller? Bueller?
I already posted: I'm going out Friday afternoon. Wife and me.
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #9
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Not making this one. Have fun guys. I expect to see some pictures of course
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
Yep, I'm in. Doing the same deal as last year with Chris, Rik, Todd, Hung, Rob, Mike, etc. I know Rob wants to do an organized so he may be on his own for Saturday.
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #11
katgunn12

New to event

Hey there!

Family friend referred me to this event. My friend just got stationed here after living in Jacksonville Florida. He was looking for an area to have fun with his jeep. We were thinking of heading out there Saturday and just wanted to make sure new kids were welcomed. Being new we don't know when the runs start. Any information. Would help. Friend of the crane family if anyone is familiar with them.
katgunn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #12
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Basically you have the sanctioned event which starts very 1st thing Saturday morning. 60.00 registration gives you one main raffle ticket and helps support the organization. You have the option to buy more tickets which cost less. There are a bunch of vendors and food as well.

Then you also have people who go out there for the affair but don't join in the registered run and do their own thing. Personally, I've been to the event 7 or so times and pay the registration, buy some raffle tickets and DONT go on the sanctioned runs. They are painfully slow, catering to newbs and for the most part, grocery getter vehicles or vehicles that are yuppie bought and the driver's don't have a clue. The man made play ground is so-so.

A number of yrs ago the TDS even was moved to where it is now from N Marina. Housing tracks went in and people gripped. That is where the fun is. Basically you past the arco or whatever that gas station is and go up a st or 2 and you'll see n marina. Make a left and head towards the hills. Fun notches and more interesting terrain is to be had.
You can pack your food, but there are a number of eateries about a mi away off the main road that you came in on. Bring a camping chair for the raffle, a warm sleeping bag/tent set up and this yr some rain gear as it might be a little wet/or a lot.. Who knows.
Hope this helped a little.
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #13
BigD97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in as well, but with the storm coming in, I'm thinking of a day run.
BigD97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #14
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So depending on the weather and whether or not you guys can handle a little rain (gonna be warm rain btw), where is the camping going on? Who's going when? As I like to caravan whenever possible. I've learned NOT to leave right after the raffle. Something always seems to happen and with the rain and a 100 mile drive through winding roads, I'll be camping out and enjoying a rain free Sunday. Hope you guys do the same.
Unread 02-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #15
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenyoujoint View Post
So depending on the weather and whether or not you guys can handle a little rain (gonna be warm rain btw), where is the camping going on? Who's going when? As I like to caravan whenever possible. I've learned NOT to leave right after the raffle. Something always seems to happen and with the rain and a 100 mile drive through winding roads, I'll be camping out and enjoying a rain free Sunday. Hope you guys do the same.
We'll be in the same vicinity as last year. I like to be within walking distance of the raffle in case I enjoy one too many. Safety first

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.