Temecula..... ? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Temecula..... ?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #76
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Cool Rik, look forward to it.

I only go over to MV cause my brother lives there and it's a good place to rest the little girl before heading to Disneyland on Sunday. We've got annual passes so we try to go at least once a month though my daughter has slowed that down some..

Speaking of seeing Jeeps, I saw 6 on the drive home yesterday all on Winchester. 3 at once no less! Of course I drive the Jeep tuesday and wednesday and decided to take the CRX yesterday so I felt left out... Oh well.

Anyone else planning on rolling over to Riks, if so when? So I can try and meet as many people as possible.

Has this officially turned into the Temecula Thread or what?

on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #77
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Ugh... Orange County. I avoid it like the plague. My kids were born in MV when I lived over there. Man am I glad I don't any more. But I digress....

PM sent. I'l be wrenching most of the day. I've got a lot of work to do on my Jeep to catch up.

Hey Chris!
I saw you drove your new Jeep to work today. Your spare wheel doesn't match! (neither does mine, so I bought a tire cover)
Did you check the rear diff fluid? Is it still making noise?
I just figured I would wait until it exploded otherwise I will probably never change it out.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #78
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, Temecula and Murrieta have a lot of Jeeps. You can't go for more than a mile without seeing one. At my son's school every morning there are five, not counting mine. Seems to be the latest fad, to have a Jeep. See ya' tomorrow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
I just figured I would wait until it exploded otherwise I will probably never change it out.
Hopefully it won't blow up at a high speed or where you are stuck in the mud somewhere and the front wheel drive can't get you out.
Start looking for an 8.8 and gathering up the stuff to install it.
Then we can do them both at the same time. I have the SYE, MORE 8.8 install kit, adapter flange, DS, D-30 with 4:10s, and new pads for the D-30. I still need to get the e-brake cable adapter, e-brake pads, brake pads for the 8.8, and the stainless steel brake lines for the 8.8 and D-30. I'm almost ready.

Are you going to lift your's at all?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 03:00 PM   #79
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I will probably just do another RC 4" kit with Boom shackles and alot of trimming. I was gonna go for the SOA but it is more expensive and more time consuming and for the kind of wheeling I do I will be fine with a similar set up to my last jeep. I should have just kept that one.

I am still planning on stopping by tomorrow but I wont know fo sure until tomorrow, it all depends on when I get back from San Bernardino and what the other half says about it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #80
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
it all depends on when I get back from San Bernardino and what the other half says about it.

Just do what I do....

TELL her you are going over to a buddy's house, and to adjust her schedule accordingly. And while she's at it, tell her to get you more beer while she's out getting parts you need.

(just be sure to be wearing all your dirt bike gear including helmet when you tell her, and hide the golf clubs)
RJC#512
Unread 12-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #81
DavesPerf
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Rick, Dave here from AutoDoctor and Dave' Performance in Temecula. Been kurking for a while but got registerd here today. Cool forum ill keep an eye on things and try to hook up with everyone on a run sometime.

Dave
DavesPerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #82
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Rick, is was great meeting you this morning. Hopefully all went quickly with getting your garage cleaned up. Look forward to BSing with you again soon!
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #83
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesPerf View Post
Rick, Dave here from AutoDoctor and Dave' Performance in Temecula. Been kurking for a while but got registerd here today. Cool forum ill keep an eye on things and try to hook up with everyone on a run sometime.

Dave
Hey Dave! Glad you climbed on board.
Stay tuned. We all want to get a lot of wheeling in this season.
Did you get those skids mounted yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Rick, is was great meeting you this morning. Hopefully all went quickly with getting your garage cleaned up. Look forward to BSing with you again soon!
Yeah it was good to meet you too Sam. Pleasure taliking with you.
No, I spent the entire day cleaning the garage. I made a lot of progress on it tho'. I'm gunna' wrench on my Jeep tomorrow now that I have more room. I just need to finish the work bench clean up. I can almost see the workbench now.
Stop by anytime.

Hey Cris.... Nice Jeep you picked up there! WELL worth what you paid for it. Now get to modding it. The season is here now!! Thanks for stopping by.
RJC#512
Unread 12-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #84
DavesPerf
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Hey Dave! Glad you climbed on board.
Stay tuned. We all want to get a lot of wheeling in this season.
Did you get those skids mounted yet?
No but I did swap out the transfer case on the YJ for the short shaft out of my TJ and get the CV shaft in it. Made a huge differance no vibration at all.

Maybe next week.

Dave
DavesPerf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.