Temecula..... ? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Temecula..... ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #46
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

well i think i am moving to temecula once i get out of the army in 2011
i think that would be awesome

'06 MegaCab Cummins- Great White
neatocj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #47
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
California, It is my buddies neighbors off the 22 and Beach Blvd area. I am waiting for more onfo and pics but from what he says it runs fine and everything works but needs a little TLC which is exactly what I am looking for. The only things I know for sure is thet it has a soft top only (not a big deal), new tires and brakes, It's black. I really want to know if it is a 6 or 4 banger. Should I still get it if it is a 4? Also I hope it is post 91 if it is the six.
Oh.... it's black. Forget it. :barf: j/k
The four banger isn't the engine of choice, but they seem to hold their own. You woln't be using it for a freeway cruiser so I think that would be fine.
I have the early 6 in mine. It runs great. I'm happy with it. If it had a throttle body I would be happier, but no hurry on that.
Soft top is all you really need here in SoCal. That and a mesh full bikini top for the summer.
Hope it works out for ya'. I can tell you miss your Jeep.
Is that your white Celica parked at your work? Is that the one you have been working on? It looks to be in pretty good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Yeah my best friend in Oceanside has a jd2 bender I can borrow, tubing only. As for sliders, I just picked up a set of Rugged Ridge full length body guards for $200.00 shipped (http://www.omix-ada.com/images/item/normal/11504.15.jpg). I was thinking about building a set but for that cheap I couldn't pass it up. I've got a set of Rugged Ridge tube sliders for CHEAP.
I really want to do some sliders, and I have a design in mind. But I also want to modify my cage more. Does the bender do 1 1/4 inch? Does he have the dealy that you clamp the tube into to make the notches in the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
Yeesh. You guys.

Anyway, I found a place. Put in a super high offer, they countered and I accepted. All within my spending limits. We move into escrow and my loan officer I've had since March says that he messed up my preapproval. So now I can't get this place.

I'm thinking of giving up.
Sorry for hijacking the tread.
Don't give up. I put offers on many houses over the years, and had many dissapointments for one reason or another. Nature of the beast.
Where was the house at?
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #48
smoothop
1978 CJ7 

I second going for lemon grove or santee much closer to your work and the drive won't be nearly as bad. Temecula is a nightmare to commute from.
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #49
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatocj View Post
well i think i am moving to temecula once i get out of the army in 2011
i think that would be awesome
Are you familiar with the area? There are a lot of Jeepers in the Temecula Valley.
Nice place to live. We love it here.
RJC#512
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #50
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Are you familiar with the area? There are a lot of Jeepers in the Temecula Valley.
Nice place to live. We love it here.
Yea i know it decent enough to survive...my brother-in-law is from temecula, I have friends in elsinor, SB, santa monica, LA, sacramento, and right around glamis haha

Im gonna try and go for CHP since i will have my degee by then hopefully.

My brother in law is a jeeper too lol. But I am getting rid of my cj and picking up a 2500 cummins. Down the line when im settled in ill pick up a rubi.

hows taxes and all that jazz out there....whats your average living expense?
'06 MegaCab Cummins- Great White
neatocj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #51
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Food prices are fair, gas is taxed big time, but still hovering around $2.85/gal, property tax is cheaper than SD county, but not much, it's cheaper to live here than orange or SD counties, etc...

If the CHP won't take you, take a spanish class and try the Border Patrol. They are paying well and always hiring.
RJC#512
Unread 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #52
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Pretty certain he's got an 1.25" die set. I know we've done 1.5 and 1.75"... I've got a tubing notcher.

As for living in the Temecula Valley, I won't move anywhere else. No better place in So Cal to raise a family as far as I'm concerned. And there's Jeeps everywhere!
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #53
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hey!! Where did the rain go? And what is that bright yellow thing in the sky?
Rain followed by sunshine = have to mow the lawn sooner.
The weather report say's it is going to be partly cloudy all week, temps in the upper 60's to lower 70's. Perfect weather for me to clean the garages!

That's great you have access to that stuff. When do you think we could do some cage mods to some Jeeps? Is his bender pretty portable? I have plenty of room to work on several Jeeps at once. But just mine would be fine. Who cares about anybody else's?

I'm getting pretty frustrated with my search for the angle iron I want. I may have to change my design to accomodate the available sizes.
RJC#512
Unread 12-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #54
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for another hijack but here are some pics of the jeep I am looking at. Rik it has the 6 in it and runs pretty smooth, my buddy looked over the whole thing and I think I am gonna head out tomorrow to do a look over myself. It does have some surface rust on the springs and frame but from what my buddy says it will clean up easily. I think I may pick it up since it has a decent price tag attached to it for a running moving jeep. Here are a couple lousy pics of it.

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #55
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
So I've been looking for a house since March. I've put in tons of offers and seen hundreds of places. Always outbid, stupid banks not wanting to deal with VA, or just plain crap properties.

I've been looking at Temecula / Murrieta and can't get over how perfect these houses are and how cheap they are. I'm thinking about starting to put in offers up there. I've visited and looked around, and I like the area. I know I'd like it up there.

My main question is for anybody who lives in the area and works in San Diego. How bad is the dive? And the traffic? I normally have to be at work at 6am and don't get out until 5pm or sometimes later, so the traffic is pretty intimidating to me. My daily is a 5 speed Civic, so don't worry about the Jeep handling the drive

Some of the smaller questions I have, how is the area as far as Jeeping goes? Strict on pulling over lifted vehicles? Beaches... How far is the beach? I love the beach!

And the only reason I haven't moved up there yet... I like the San Diego area. I like living close to work. I like living close to people I work with. And I'm not a fan of waking up an extra hour early to drive to work in the morning. I suppose what I'm really looking for here is for you to convince me to move to Temecula instead of stay in south county. I don't know what to do!

What ever you do get a home SOUTH OF THE 215 / 15 split. I lived just north of that split and worked in Escondido. It can take 30 minutes or more sometimes just to get trhought the north part of Temecula and the 215 /15 split even duing non-rush hour times. The farther south in Temecula the better!!

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #56
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

So did you buy it yet Chris? If you don't want it, I will buy it. I need three YJ's! I'd just buy it to re-sell it at a higher price. It looks pretty decent for the price he's asking, and if it runs smooth and the 4x4 works, no wierd noises, etc... Jump on it.
You could always get rid of that horrible color.
RJC#512
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #57
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
So did you buy it yet Chris? If you don't want it, I will buy it. I need three YJ's! I'd just buy it to re-sell it at a higher price. It looks pretty decent for the price he's asking, and if it runs smooth and the 4x4 works, no wierd noises, etc... Jump on it.
You could always get rid of that horrible color.
X2

Go get it. Worst case you part it out. The doors and top are almost worth half of what he is asking.
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #58
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I called him today and am going to meet him tomorrow (Pay Day) after work to do my own look over and most likely pick it up. I can't wait but don't want to get myself too excited since there is still 24 hours and alot can happen in that time frame.
Unread 12-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #59
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
I called him today and am going to meet him tomorrow (Pay Day) after work to do my own look over and most likely pick it up. I can't wait but don't want to get myself too excited since there is still 24 hours and alot can happen in that time frame.
You ain't kidding! Just ask Jack Bauer!

Are you worried about it being bought out from under you?
Unread 12-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #60
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
You ain't kidding! Just ask Jack Bauer!

Are you worried about it being bought out from under you?
I am hoping not but you never know, Anything that is a decent deal usually gets screwed up somehow if you wait to long and I have been slowly going at this one since last week. I am told he is not in a hurry but he wouldn't be advertising if he didn't want to get rid of it so who knows. hopefully everything works out ok.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.