Temecula..... ? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Temecula..... ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #31
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Kids do that. Things change a lot when your priorities are re-directed. But it matures you, and make's you value what you have a lot more.
The French Valley area is nice. The traffic on Winchester and Murrieta Hot Springs Road is horrible. You can go up by the winery and make a left, and bypass all that by taking Los Alamos. It's only dirt for the first 1/2 mile, then paved the rest of the way to the 215. Great shortcut, just watch the curves for the ricers cutting corners.
I didn't know thay considered that area "Winchester". The town of Winchester is way up the road from there. You are by the airport and courthouse right?
Come on down and we'll hang out and tell lies while modding our Jeeps if you need something to do.
I'll do anything for my daughter, so I don't mind it up here too much at all.

I'm all the way out at the end of Thompson off Pourroy, kinda by the airport, yup. Lake Skinner is just up the road here from me. Los Alamos is paved all the way through now. I take it when I know there's a backup on Winchester Rd. It drops off on the backside of the new construction project they've got going on. I commute in a little "ricer" but no cutting corners for me! Lost a few friends that way.....

As for hanging out, absolutely. I pride myself on garage mods. Just got done with my own swaybar disconnects. I still need to meet up with JBolty one of these days and pick up a front bumper from him. Got some plans to mod two into one for a stock looking high corner bumper. I weld, fabricate, wire, etc, etc, so if you need a hand let me know! More than happy to meet some friends in this area.

on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #32
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
. I weld, fabricate, wire, etc, etc, so if you need a hand let me know! More than happy to meet some friends in this area.
Now you're talking. I have a 230 amp stick welder and a 100 amp wire feed welder, and I'm not good with either one of them. I can twist wrenches well and I am really good with wiring.
We will definately have to have a modding party soon, either your place or mine. I have pretty much every tool except a plasma cutter or oxy/acet torch. The torch set is on my Christmas wish list.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #33
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Sounds good to me! Is there anyone else around in the IE area that wants to join in?
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 12-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #34
lazebum
2001 WJ 

me me me, home made quick disconnects, im down!! and if you can build i can get metal and we can build bumpers/skids/sliders!!!
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #35
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds good to me! Is there anyone else around in the IE area that wants to join in?
It al depends on when for me but I can help out, I have a whole crap load of tools and am pretty knowledgable on building and fixin things. I don't have a jeep at the momoent but I don't mind giving a hand.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #36
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

I think I've got enough left spare parts for another pair of disconnects. Missing some bushings, but that's about it. And it's easy enough to work around that with larger bolts. Bumpers, skids, sliders, cages. No biggie. The only major tools I lack is a bender and a plasma cutter. But I've got access to both.
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 12-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #37
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You have acess to a sheet metal bender or a tubing bender? I need some tubes bent.
I want to make some sliders from 4X6 angle iron, but still have not found the material yet. The scrap yard in Temecula is running really low on material, even new stuff. Don't know what's going on there.
I would eventually like to build a back bumper, but no hurry on that.

Hey Chris, you need that rubber boot thing back? I didn't need it. The pipe slipped over the old pipe. So glad I got that ditch backfilled before the rain. That would have been a mess. The drain is working perfectly and I just need to add a bit moer rip-rap. I also have a full piece of that 2" conduit if you need it back. Lemme' know. And thanks.
RJC#512
Unread 12-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #38
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I don't want any of that stuff back we are trying to get rid of stuff not fill our yard back up.

Hey I have the opertunity to pick up another YJ for 1500 bucks and may do it as soon as I get some more details like which motor but I guess it runs good and has new tires and brakes.
Unread 12-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #39
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chris_ View Post
I don't want any of that stuff back we are trying to get rid of stuff not fill our yard back up.

Hey I have the opertunity to pick up another YJ for 1500 bucks and may do it as soon as I get some more details like which motor but I guess it runs good and has new tires and brakes.
What year? Sound's like a good deal even if it need's work. Is it a California car or a midwest rust bucket?
RJC#512
Unread 12-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #40
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

California, It is my buddies neighbors off the 22 and Beach Blvd area. I am waiting for more onfo and pics but from what he says it runs fine and everything works but needs a little TLC which is exactly what I am looking for. The only things I know for sure is thet it has a soft top only (not a big deal), new tires and brakes, It's black. I really want to know if it is a 6 or 4 banger. Should I still get it if it is a 4? Also I hope it is post 91 if it is the six.
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #41
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
You have acess to a sheet metal bender or a tubing bender? I need some tubes bent.
I want to make some sliders from 4X6 angle iron, but still have not found the material yet. The scrap yard in Temecula is running really low on material, even new stuff. Don't know what's going on there.
I would eventually like to build a back bumper, but no hurry on that.

Hey Chris, you need that rubber boot thing back? I didn't need it. The pipe slipped over the old pipe. So glad I got that ditch backfilled before the rain. That would have been a mess. The drain is working perfectly and I just need to add a bit moer rip-rap. I also have a full piece of that 2" conduit if you need it back. Lemme' know. And thanks.
Yeah my best friend in Oceanside has a jd2 bender I can borrow, tubing only. As for sliders, I just picked up a set of Rugged Ridge full length body guards for $200.00 shipped (http://www.omix-ada.com/images/item/normal/11504.15.jpg). I was thinking about building a set but for that cheap I couldn't pass it up. I've got a set of Rugged Ridge tube sliders for CHEAP.
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 12-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #42
StvDiego

Quote:
I've got a set of Rugged Ridge tube sliders for CHEAP.
Not a bad deal, before you put them on you should sand them down, prime and paint them, avoid issues later. Check the welds too.

We need that bender, cages
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #43
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Time and money is all it takes, but then that's true about most everything.
on two wheels anymore!

Unread 12-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #44
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Yeesh. You guys.

Anyway, I found a place. Put in a super high offer, they countered and I accepted. All within my spending limits. We move into escrow and my loan officer I've had since March says that he messed up my preapproval. So now I can't get this place.

I'm thinking of giving up.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #45
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

My wife and I spent the better portion of a year looking. 6 months making offers through a "friend". Lost said "friend" and my entire race team when I decided to buy in Temecula and used a different real estate agent.

Don't loose heart. Unlike some people that said 2-3 years ago was the time to buy, now or at least in the next 2 years will probably be ideal. Super low interest rates, a correcting market, and the tax refunds make it all worth the headache.

Take you time though, if this is your first purchase, consider this the biggest financial move of your life. Don't rush into anything. SLEEP on everything and trust your gut!
on two wheels anymore!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.