Temecula..... ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Temecula..... ?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #16
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Is Valley Center a very expensive place to live? How long does it take to get to the freeway from there?
Depends on what part and how you get there. Valley Center is pretty spread out. It takes about 20 mins to get there from the 15 exiting just south of the 78. I cruise up that way to go to Harrah's every once and a while.

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #17
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

What about Santee, or Lemon Grove, or those areas? Are they expensive too? The 8 goes right to downtown SD.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
I had no idea you were commuting to the OTHER SIDE of downtown SD. That would be a looooohg drive every day.
Temecula Valley is really a nice place to live, but daum I wouldn't want to make that commute.
If you still want to look around up here, I'll be available Wednesday morning to show you some of the areas.
What about east county or north county? Vista has some pretty nice neighborhoods. Not sure about crime/prices there, but it looks nice from the freeway. The further you are from the coast the lower the housing should be.
If I had to make a commute to the other side of SD, I'd fly a helicopter every day. The fog would be the problem tho'.
Jason, what is a house like your's going for in Poway?
I run in to that problem every day anyway, apparently an MH-60 doesn't work well in fog. All that fancy radar and they can't fly in fog!

I work crazy hours. I've never got the same days off two weeks in a row. I'll bug you a few days before my next off day. Maybe Sunday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
X2 with this.

Ramona typically has decent housing prices, is a lot closer than Temecula and is close to all the wheeling.

Yuck. No way I'd be looking at Temecula with that kind of drive.

Are you trying to rent or buy?

We paid $470,000 but I am pretty certain you could get something similar here for about $400,000 right now. There was one that is slightly larger than ours that just sold for $430,000 and one that is smaller and on a smaller lot that just went for $380,000 right in my neighborhood.
I'm looking to buy a place around the 200 range. Everything for that range in SD is either a condo, or in need of serious repair. That's another reason I'm looking at Temecula, it's affordable! I figure once I own a place for a few years and build some equity I can move back to SD.
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

There are a lot of houses in that price range with three bedrooms in decent neighborhoods. My ex's son bought a really nice four bedroom three bath two car garage on a corner lot for 189 about six months ago. (foreclosure) It needed a paint job but was in otherwise great condition. It's near the mall in Temecula.
RJC#512
Unread 12-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #20
Jeebs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
I'm looking to buy a place around the 200 range. Everything for that range in SD is either a condo, or in need of serious repair. That's another reason I'm looking at Temecula, it's affordable! I figure once I own a place for a few years and build some equity I can move back to SD.
There was a place right around the corner from me that was a foreclosure and it went for $43,000!
Unread 12-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #21
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grewe02 View Post
I found a few under $250K. Try this link.

Homes for Sale in Ramona - SignOnSanDiego.Com - Real Estate
Unread 12-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #22
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You may want to look into Jamul which is ~5 miles from where I live (Rancho San Diego). Or maybe Deerhorn Valley. It's country style living, but not far from Rancho San Diego.

Last year I had a 2br 2ba ~2,100sqft house on 4 acres with a 3 car detatched garage. It was in Deerhorn Valley which is ~10 miles past Jamul.

My commute from Deerhorn Valley to South Point Loma (I'm talking near the Submarine Base) took me ~40 minutes. It was 39 miles.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #23
Chris
Guy with jeep

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I own my home in Wildomar which is one offramp north of Murrieta and I paid 200k a year ago and it is 1600 SQFT 3 bed 2 bath on a 12,000 SQ FT corner lot with a 3 car garage and RV parking in a great neighborhood with great neighbors but that drive to that part of SD would suck. I worked in San Marcos for a couple years and that drive was ok but couldn't imagine driving that much further.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #24
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

I live in what is addressed "Winchester" but is known as French Valley to locals I've been told and commute to Oceanside daily. I'm 10 minutes from the 15 freeway off Winchester Rd. It has taken as little as 40 minutes on my best day, and this morning with traffic took an hour and 10. I commute with an 89 CRX that gets 35+ mpg so the Jeep is used for fun mostly.

I moved up here exactly a year ago after loosing heart in North County. For $350k there I was battling investors and others for older fixer uppers in areas where I wouldn't want to raise my daughter. My daughter is the MAIN reason I'm up here. I miss North County, but the schools, neighborhoods and everything else are all great in this area, and for $260k I bought a 4 year old 2400 sq ft home on a third of an acre, corner lot.

Do I regret it, no. But with a daughter, my position in life is probably different than yours. My wife quit working after my daughter was born, and living up here has allowed that. If I didn't have a family to take care of, I'd still be in North County.

Equity is equity. A condo at $200k in North Country will appreciate and depreciate at pretty much the same rate as a $200K house in the Temecula Valley. Real Estate is all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #25
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Man you are so right, and I hate you for it. You're not helping my decision making!!

Maybe I'll just buy a place on the beach in La Jolla and never eat / drive / Jeep again
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #26
StvDiego

Buy an RV and move from campground to campground

Mobile Homeless

There's always Imperial Beach, and points east, just keep the lights on. Some newer homes, reasonable costs, easy commute to Coronado
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #27
smcalpac
1998 ZJ 

Just trying to help out. Socially, I have no life in Temecula now. I spent 2+ decades in Oceanside and Vista. My entire life was down there. Now my entire life is a 7 month old little girl! Life changes...........damn it!
on two wheels anymore!
Camoflauge, camoflauge, I disappear when I pull out of my garage!

PM me for LED light bars and HID off road lights
smcalpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcalpac View Post
Just trying to help out. Socially, I have no life in Temecula now. I spent 2+ decades in Oceanside and Vista. My entire life was down there. Now my entire life is a 7 month old little girl! Life changes...........damn it!
Kids do that. Things change a lot when your priorities are re-directed. But it matures you, and make's you value what you have a lot more.
The French Valley area is nice. The traffic on Winchester and Murrieta Hot Springs Road is horrible. You can go up by the winery and make a left, and bypass all that by taking Los Alamos. It's only dirt for the first 1/2 mile, then paved the rest of the way to the 215. Great shortcut, just watch the curves for the ricers cutting corners.
I didn't know thay considered that area "Winchester". The town of Winchester is way up the road from there. You are by the airport and courthouse right?
Come on down and we'll hang out and tell lies while modding our Jeeps if you need something to do.
RJC#512
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #29
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Last night I drove from Temecula to San Diego at about 6pm. The traffic coming down the hill into Temecula going north was jammed and looked to be going no more than 50. By the time I got to escondido the traffic north was about stopped from roughly 5-10 miles south of the 78.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #30
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Last night I drove from Temecula to San Diego at about 6pm. The traffic coming down the hill into Temecula going north was jammed and looked to be going no more than 50. By the time I got to escondido the traffic north was about stopped from roughly 5-10 miles south of the 78.
That's caused by the 215 freeway. The state had the funds allocated to widen it five years ago, but have done nothing to it.
The Menifee area grew like gangbusters during the housing boom, but the freeway stayed two lanes wide going up a steep hill to Clinton Kieth. The trucks slow down, nobody can pass, and it backs up onto the 15, then all the SD commuters and Temecula workers getting off at the same time just overload the freeway.
There are four new exits that were supposed to be done three years ago, not even a scratch in the dirt yet.
CalTrans is too busy widening the SD County freeways.
Sux big time.
RJC#512

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.