TDS Registration Link - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > TDS Registration Link

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg413i

DesertRacer - I'm heading out in my WJ and feel the same way. What lift / combo you running and any lockers? I'm on 3" lift with JK ~32" mud terrain takeoffs in a quadradrive. Thinking I should be fine to hit some of the red trails- what do you think?
I've got 4 in teraflex with 33 bfgs open axles. Selecttrac trans. Yeah I do pretty well in Ocotillo wells. We built our jeep for speed but have been doing more crawling lately. Ill probably start out with all these guys then split off when it gets to hard.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

ok, this is our finalized camp site for this year. This is the Jeepaholics.com adult camp site. No kiddies allowed so we can drink, swear, be obnoxious, etc and not have to worry about offending little ears. As usual I will be taking along four 5 gallon kegs of my Home Brewed beer. Im counting down the minutes! We will be heading out Thursday morning to stake off and set up our camp area. Will stake off plenty of room for RVs, tents, etc.

Lattitude:
3317'29.20"N
Longitude:
116 0'0.15"W

At least this rough general area.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I can't believe I didn't see this thread.
I am going also. I am bringing my son and some of my friends have kids under drinking age.
We are camping just off the 86 across from Salton City, just north of the 22.
I may take the motorhome if I cna get somebody to share the gas bill. It is nice to have a clean bathroom and shower, and a place to retreat to after the campfire Captain Morgan and diet root beer social that is out of the weather on nice soft cushy beds.
If not, I'm just going out early Saturday morning, flat tow the Jeep, and go home after the raffle.
I'm bringing a BBQ for the steaks and a cooler full of Blue Moon.
I don't want to run with the planned TDS run. Too much waiting.
The wheeling there is not very challenging. Mud ruts, some hill climbs, they built an obsticle park that will probably be crowded and controlled. A stock Jeep on 31's can do just about anything out there except Goodyear Hill. Good beginner to moderate area. The slots get crazy at night. Lots of drunk idiots doing things with their vehicles that usually don't end well. Saw a couple fights there one night. Alcohol/crowds/vehicles, bad combo. It's fun if you keep your distance and just watch people get hurt and break and bust up their stuff.
There will be extra Rangers/LEO this year from what I hear. Last time I went (two years ago) they put the bracelets on more than 100 people, mostly DUI. We saw the helicopter only three times that day.
Just be careful and you'll have a great time. There are some really amazing vehicles out there. Mostly Jeeps but there is every other variety you will ever want to see. There was a small Unimog group there too. Lots of Samuris, Humvees, etc...
The vendor area is set up pretty well with a stage and food vendors as well as product vendors.
Worth going.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rik,

I'm more than willing to help pay for gas. Tell Chris to chip in and make it happen.

Kevin
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ill be heading out there Thursday night. Its gunna be super packed!
Unread 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

We are heading out Thursday Morning & parking off Holly rd.
dsc_0007.jpg  
nuthead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #22
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
Im loving that jeep. Did you paint it or are those stickers?

You can find us in a little green tent hahaha
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #23
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Rik,

I'm more than willing to help pay for gas. Tell Chris to chip in and make it happen.

Kevin
Cool!
I talked to Chris tonite and it looks like I'm bringing the motorhome then.
I'll PM you with more details. I got my spring packs put together and picked up some new u-bolts today. I just need to put the capture clamps on the spring packs and spot weld them in place, then pur the new to me Bilstien shocks on that Chris gave me.
The motorhome is ready to go except I need to fill the water tank and dump the holding. I'm flat towing my Jeep behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
Hey! It looks like you bought my old truck. I had a Lance camper on it too!
photo-12-medium-.jpg  
RJC#512
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #24
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Cool!
I'll PM you with more details. I got my spring packs put together and picked up some new u-bolts today. I just need to put the capture clamps on the spring packs and spot weld them in place, then pur the new to me Bilstien shocks on that Chris gave me.
The motorhome is ready to go except I need to fill the water tank and dump the holding. I'm flat towing my Jeep behind it.

What are "the slots" you speak of? Is it sand by any chance?

I love the Superstition run for the trails. Great trails during the day and there are sand dunes nearby to cruise around at night. I am yet to find cool off-roading at TDS. Last year we just did the organized run and had a little fun in the Truck Haven park. Do you guys know of any sand around TDS?
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #25
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
Cool!

I still need to install my rear shocks and the relocators that I picked up from Chad (Nuthead). He wouldn't even take beer money for them! What's the world coming too

Gonna be a fun weekend
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #26
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshots1 View Post
Im loving that jeep. Did you paint it or are those stickers?

You can find us in a little green tent hahaha
Ya' gotta see it in person. Chad says it was a Smittybuilt show Jeep in its former life. It looks great
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #27
nuthead
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hey! It looks like you bought my old truck. I had a Lance camper on it too![/QUOTE]

Yeah my wife bought the truck new. Still running like a champ only 230k miles

The Jeep is painted not stickers.Heres a pic from SEMA show.I've done lots of changes since then.
jeep.jpg  
nuthead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #28
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshots1 View Post
What are "the slots" you speak of? Is it sand by any chance?

I love the Superstition run for the trails. Great trails during the day and there are sand dunes nearby to cruise around at night. I am yet to find cool off-roading at TDS. Last year we just did the organized run and had a little fun in the Truck Haven park. Do you guys know of any sand around TDS?
The Slots are big deep ruts in the dirt that have worn down over the decades of drainage. They are fun to run in and out of and through.
If you want sand you can go southwest to Ocotillo Wells to Blow Sand Hill.
Superstition has some more challenging runs than Truckhaven (TDS) but it's a long drive for me. I live in Riverside County.
Looking forward to the weekend. Should be fun. See you all there!
RJC#512
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
Tenshots1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you for the clarification. I will look for you guys. I can wait to get out there!
Unread 02-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #30
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Super jealous..it's going to be a beautiful weekend out there.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.