JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   SanDiego (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/)
-   -   TDS Registration Link (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/tds-registration-link-1311961/)

Motorep 01-09-2012 09:23 AM

TDS Registration Link

Here's the link to the registration page for this years TDS.

http://www.tds4x4.com/2011/04/desert...=0&sort=normal

Gomez 02-15-2012 02:54 PM

Anyone attend this in the past? Any input or suggestions for a newbie?

Motorep 02-15-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomez (Post 13058820)
Anyone attend this in the past? Any input or suggestions for a newbie?

I've attended in the past but never signed up or did the organized runs. This year I figured I'd try the whole experience. There's a bunch of us that are camping out there so it should be a great time!

shoe83 02-16-2012 01:03 PM

I went a few years ago. The organized run is insane. People start lining up the night before. You will do far more waiting than driving. There are hundreds of rigs, and invariably somebody does something stupid, refuses to give up on an obstacle or breaks. In many places on the more difficult routes there is no bypass, so everyone ends up waiting. The organized run might be OK if u wait till a bunch of rigs get back from the run, then head out. The real reason to attend this event is for the raffle. I heard they are giving out over $150k in prizes. Just my 2 cents

Gomez 02-16-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoe83 (Post 13065082)
I went a few years ago. The organized run is insane. People start lining up the night before. You will do far more waiting than driving. There are hundreds of rigs, and invariably somebody does something stupid, refuses to give up on an obstacle or breaks. In many places on the more difficult routes there is no bypass, so everyone ends up waiting. The organized run might be OK if u wait till a bunch of rigs get back from the run, then head out. The real reason to attend this event is for the raffle. I heard they are giving out over $150k in prizes. Just my 2 cents

It seems that every time there is an organized run it turns out to be a wait-fest. I'm thinking about going out for the prizes, camping, and beers. I'd be interesting in all the rigs out there and possibly some mild wheeling.

jbolty 02-16-2012 03:04 PM

I was out there one year and cooked and ate breakfast in the amount of time it took for all the jeeps on the run to get moving. As I recall there is only one organized run.

It's a good event though, normally a decent raffle and the money raised goes to a good cause.

Gomez 02-16-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbolty (Post 13065687)
I was out there one year and cooked and ate breakfast in the amount of time it took for all the jeeps on the run to get moving. As I recall there is only one organized run.

It's a good event though, normally a decent raffle and the money raised goes to a good cause.

Yeah, just read a flyer stating there could be 600+ vehicles on this run. It's a single run which people will start lining up at midnight.

That doesn't really sound fun to me but chilling with a beer and relaxing by the grill does.

I'm not on the brewing level of 92 Green YJ but I am hoping my home brew is ready by then.

jbolty 02-16-2012 04:46 PM

from 1967

Vol 2

Vol 3

Motorep 02-17-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomez (Post 13065322)
It seems that every time there is an organized run it turns out to be a wait-fest. I'm thinking about going out for the prizes, camping, and beers. I'd be interesting in all the rigs out there and possibly some mild wheeling.

Yeah, that sounds like a better plan. I didn't know it got that backed up. Guess we can find our own runs and just do the raffle.

WJDesertRacer 02-21-2012 09:51 PM

So I know everyone is going to tds but are we tryin to organize any kind of side run? I don't like sitting in lines so the organized runs are out for me. I want to go have some fun with you all, just not sure I can keep up in the wj. I run pancake rock with no issue so something harder than that but not quite to the level of jbolty superstition pics from this weekend is what I had in mind.

Any input?

I normally ride moto out there so my knowledge of good jeep trails is limited but ill follow people anytime.

calsouthjeep 02-21-2012 10:00 PM

From what Jeff and Steve told me when I was with them at superstition was that the wheeling at tds is very different from what we were running last weekend. Its not so much rock crawling but more off camber trails.

Motorep 02-22-2012 08:51 PM

I wouldn't mind doing something a harder run than the organized Saturday run. Maybe we could over toward Superstition and then get back for the raffle that afternoon???

BTW, where is everyone camping?

nuthead 02-22-2012 09:02 PM

We are camping off Holly road since my parents will be there to babysit our 3 month old for run.

92 Green YJ 02-23-2012 11:41 AM

We will be off north marina drive over by the original vendors site again this year. The group I camp with always does our own trail runs. We never do the organized run. Just look for this sign

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...j/DSCN0727.jpg

Ignore the 2012 point. Consensus is last years spot was good so we will be roughly in the same area as the 2011 mark.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...AdultSite1.jpg

gtg413i 02-24-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJDesertRacer (Post 13100818)
So I know everyone is going to tds but are we tryin to organize any kind of side run? I don't like sitting in lines so the organized runs are out for me. I want to go have some fun with you all, just not sure I can keep up in the wj. I run pancake rock with no issue so something harder than that but not quite to the level of jbolty superstition pics from this weekend is what I had in mind.

Any input?

I normally ride moto out there so my knowledge of good jeep trails is limited but ill follow people anytime.

DesertRacer - I'm heading out in my WJ and feel the same way. What lift / combo you running and any lockers? I'm on 3" lift with JK ~32" mud terrain takeoffs in a quadradrive. Thinking I should be fine to hit some of the red trails- what do you think?

The time now is 01:27 AM.