Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Tds

5K views 71 replies 19 participants last post by  Bill C 
#1 ·
is anyone goind i just sent my reg in should be a good run

#2 ·
Yep, looking forward to it...

#8 ·
You're right, they have great raffles. Great odds too since they don't sell raffle tickets. Everyone gets one with their registration, that's it. My parents have won three times.

1st: Set of 5 wheels and tires (don't remember brands as it was a long time ago).
2nd: Complete set of Bestop Trail Max seats for a YJ (front and back). Too bad they had a CJ. Good for me, they fit nicely in my YJ.
3rd: Free OX Locker & Installation and a bunch of other goodies.

What's funny is they didn't go to two our of the three raffles they won. They sent me with their ticket. On the first one I was about 14 at the time. Wow, that was 27 years ago. The 2nd was about five years ago and the last two years.

Someone in our camp wins something almost every year.

They have over $100k in prizes this year. A lot of their prize packages are well over $1k in value.

#10 ·
Be patient, my parents have won three times, but that's in 36 or 37 years of attending TDS...

#12 ·
yep I'll be there. I will once again be hosting the Jeepaholics Adult camp (no kids allowed so we can swear, drink, tell dirty jokes, etc and not have to worry about the kiddies) I will be taking out my 4 tap jockey box and 4 kegs of my home brewed beer.

#14 ·
Jerry, its in a new location this year and supposedly there are some great virgin notches at the new site. Besides I never go on the organized run, we usually go do our own runs. And yeah I too have never won anything at the raffle and this will be my 5th year attending. I think I'm about due.

BTW you guys are more than welcome to come by and have a few cold ones

#16 ·
still trying to nail that down. Think we're looking at someplace on the other side of the S22 from where the main camp is going to be. As soon as we've decided for sure where the camp is gonna be over on JA I'll post it up here. should be easy to find though with the new sign I just finished making (yes it took me several hours as its pretty much all hand painted and yes I have way too much time on my hands)

My GF and I will be heading out thursday afternoon to set up camp and will probably be heading for home Sunday evening

#18 ·
thanks Jerry. being unemployed at the moment is giving me lots of time to get ready for TDS. been workin on the YJ almost non stop. thought I'd take a break and whip up a new camp sign as the one I made last year ended up getting used for target practice.

#20 ·
TDS Safari 2009

I'll be there if I get the kinks worked out in my jeep.
This will be 3rd trip. First trip in 2006 Was realy windy friday night when I checked in. I lost my winning ticket about 20 minutes after I got it.
We were camp within earshot of the raffle and every time they buried a ticket that wasn't claimed we just new that was the one I lost:brickwall:

If anyone here spots my rig, stop in an say Hi.
Not to many like this one

cheers::cheers2:

#21 ·
Hey good to meet you today Dave/Krazedav. It's funny, I just started working at my new company at the first of the month and in that parking lot already met another JF member, you, and stumbled into a fellow Geared4Fun club member who works in an adjoining suite. That big yellow Unlmited TJ always parked in the lot is his. I wonder how many other Jeepers are in that local area! :)

#22 ·
OK, after much bickering and back and forth we have finally figured out where we will be camping this year. Seems theres a row of bushes and or trees right off a dirt road not too far from the main camp thats lookin pretty good, so this is roughly where we will be (the Jeepaholics Adult Camp)

I know Eric is planning to camp with us. anyone else who wants to pull up a row of dirt in a kid free environment is more than welcome to come pitch their gear with us.

I'll let ya'll know the beer I'll be bringin in the next day or two. gotta see what I have on hand

#28 ·
OK, after much bickering and back and forth we have finally figured out where we will be camping this year. Seems theres a row of bushes and or trees right off a dirt road not too far from the main camp thats lookin pretty good, so this is roughly where we will be (the Jeepaholics Adult Camp)

I know Eric is planning to camp with us. anyone else who wants to pull up a row of dirt in a kid free environment is more than welcome to come pitch their gear with us.

I'll let ya'll know the beer I'll be bringin in the next day or two. gotta see what I have on hand
Me and the gf and her sis are going.. bringing the TJ, quads and the toyhauler. We are gonna arrive thurs and stay thru sunday.. If I see yer sign out there we'll stop by and say hello. Gonna need to plant the toyhauler somewhere close enuf to the group but far enuf so we dont spook the group with the quads.:cheers:

#29 ·
yeah I'm taking my Quad too.

Looks like Eric and I will be heading out thursday evening. We are going to meet at Packards in Ramona and caravan out from there. probably get to Packards round 4:45ish so anyone want to meet up with us there for a 5pm departure out to TDS??

#30 ·
for anyone interested in meeting us at packards thursday evening to head out. 1. post up. and 2 the address is 680 Main Street, Ramona, CA 92065

We're planning to meet up with Eric around 4:45 pm or so, figure a 5 pm roll out from Packards to head up thru Julian and out towards the desert.

#32 ·
OK, just finalized the beers. I just replaced the rubber hoses on my 4 tap jockey box as they were old and the outsides were pretty nasty. so I replaced em and ran beer line cleaner thru all the lines. Unfortunately it looks like one of my taps has a severely plugged copper coil, couldn't get it blasted out so I'll only be bringing three kegs of beer this year.

they will be:
Krawler Kolsch which is a great, light summer beer, good for hot weather for sure
Vanilla Porter, nice and dark with real vanilla beans in it
Scotish Ale, my personal favorite, dark, rich, malty, and oh so good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.