Tds 2013 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Tds 2013

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #31
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengee View Post
I would really enjoy going. I definitely wouldn't get friday off but i can easily get saturday and sunday off. Is it worth it for just those two days?
Yes. I even go just for the one day. Get there late and run the trail after most of the people have gpne through. That way there is less congestion and the trail is torn up, making it more interesting. Then hang out and visit the vendor booths, eat really unhealthy food, and sit thru the raffle. I watch the fireworks, drink a Monster and head home. Long day, but tons of fun.

Unread 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #32
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Ill be out there. We usually camp a mile or so east of the venders by those stands of trees on the south of s22. For all those who have not attended, I went for the first time 3 years ago and will go every year to go. Its fun to get around a lot (a use that term loosely) of jeeps and people. The training ground is always fun saturday afternoon to watch people destroy their rigs. Then the raffle and head over to the notches for Sat night, last year it was a big party. As the time gets closer Im sure ill have more details.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #33
LJWrangler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Be there!!!
SILVER JEEP CLUB #71

My Build [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-06-lj-build-1449774/[/url]
LJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #34
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I put in for that weekend off, hopefully I'll be there!!!

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #35
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm hoping to still go, but I'm hearing of some iffy stuff at my work right now. I may be about of a job soon...
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
matteo92065
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going! This will be my second year. First year I tent camped with my 7 year old boy, then did the Sunday ride/drive. This year I'm bringing the wife and both kids in the RV.
Any recomendations on where to set up camp? I have to avoid the big party areas as my kids are much better during the day with a good nights sleep. Still want to be close enough where we can easily visit the vendor area. We go to Ocotillo Wells all the time, just not so far north with the RV.

2005 Jeep Rubicon
matteo92065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #37
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo92065 View Post
I'm going! This will be my second year. First year I tent camped with my 7 year old boy, then did the Sunday ride/drive. This year I'm bringing the wife and both kids in the RV.
Any recomendations on where to set up camp? I have to avoid the big party areas as my kids are much better during the day with a good nights sleep. Still want to be close enough where we can easily visit the vendor area. We go to Ocotillo Wells all the time, just not so far north with the RV.

Last couple of times I camped at OW then just drove over to truckhaven for the raffle. Guessing it's probably 20 miles or so
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #38
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Doesn't look like i'll be out there afterall...

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #39
WJDesertRacer
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

Last couple of times I camped at OW then just drove over to truckhaven for the raffle. Guessing it's probably 20 miles or so
It's not a bad drive from ow to tds. Poleline road is really smooth, like pavement, last year I made it from blue inn to ampm on the s22 and back in under an hr. Camping around tds isn't bas. The last couple of years I've camped a mile or two east of holly road by the trees. There is a paved road off s22 that wraps around with branches, like an old housing track. There are a lot of people camped around but its quiet and the vendor row is just up the wash.

IFS WJ dual sport
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wj-west-coast-style-1172706/[/url]
WJDesertRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #40
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'll be out there with my new suspension hopefully done. Meeting up with a few friends and a new Jeeper. We usually camp off holly road in a big rv. Driving out from AZ Friday morning
Unread 02-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #41
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

My 10yo son and I will be there with the motorhome. My Jeep is ready, altho' I would like to get the front part of the cage finished before then. Shouldn't be problem.
I stay with another great group of folks near Salton City on the west side of the 86. Takes about ten minutes to get to the vendor area by road, thirty by cutting through The Slots. OK more like an hour because we get side tracked. lol
I still have yet, after attending for five years in a row, to win anything at the raffles. Tons of fun tho'.
RJC#512
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #42
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The raffle is one of the main reasons I go, altough I haven't won yet either. They are going to have another fire works show this year too. Last years was excellent
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #43
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah actually it was a pretty good fireworks show. A lot bigger than I expected.
The person that was there a couple years ago was making killer empanadas. I hope they are there again this year.
RJC#512
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #44
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikRotorhead View Post
My 10yo son and I will be there with the motorhome. My Jeep is ready, altho' I would like to get the front part of the cage finished before then. Shouldn't be problem.
I stay with another great group of folks near Salton City on the west side of the 86. Takes about ten minutes to get to the vendor area by road, thirty by cutting through The Slots. OK more like an hour because we get side tracked. lol
I still have yet, after attending for five years in a row, to win anything at the raffles. Tons of fun tho'.
I plan on having less fun than last year Getting everything packed up on Sunday was rough!
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #45
RikRotorhead
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
I plan on having less fun than last year Getting everything packed up on Sunday was rough!
Yeah you and Chris hit it pretty hard after hours.
Are you staying in my motorhome again?
RJC#512

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.