Tds 2013 - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Tds 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #211
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow, I saw that guy out there.. We were joking that his rig was put together with blue masking tape. Didnt see that crash. Did see another one just before the raffle started where the guy went up the front side and flipped. that one wasnt pretty. They shut the area down and had about 10 cops there w/paramedics etc... That obstacle is pretty much just stupid.

Unread 03-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #212
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint
wow, I saw that guy out there.. We were joking that his rig was put together with blue masking tape. Didnt see that crash. Did see another one just before the raffle started where the guy went up the front side and flipped. that one wasnt pretty. They shut the area down and had about 10 cops there w/paramedics etc... That obstacle is pretty much just stupid.
I don't think the obstacle is stupid. It's the people that try it that don't have the proper vehicle and/or experience that are stupid

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #213
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

correction.. i meant its stupid as in ridiculous. I think the biggest problem is alcohol and a crowd. mix them up and people make bad decisions.
Unread 03-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #214
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

No, it's stupid. It does not represent anything that most are ever likely to encounter on a real trail and even if it did there is only some fraction of 1% of vehicles and drivers that could get up and over it safely. It's just an invitation to get people hurt.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #215
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

update on the knee injury: torn acl, torn mcl, torn lcl, arthritis in all 3 main compartments of the knee and patellar and quad tendinitis... Much worse than I thought. Thing is, other than feeling sloppy, slipping out and dislocating, when I walk it doesnt hurt AT ALL. I talk to my ortho next Monday and might end up getting an artificial knee. Good thing I went to TDS. Might be the last jeeping I do in several months. Right now my left thigh is as big as my calf. Much smaller than my right. Pretty weird how your brain lessons muscle mass and blocks yourself from using something that is injured, even when it doesnt hurt.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #216
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
No, it's stupid. It does not represent anything that most are ever likely to encounter on a real trail and even if it did there is only some fraction of 1% of vehicles and drivers that could get up and over it safely. It's just an invitation to get people hurt.
Exactly.
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #217
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint View Post
update on the knee injury: torn acl, torn mcl, torn lcl, arthritis in all 3 main compartments of the knee and patellar and quad tendinitis... Much worse than I thought. Thing is, other than feeling sloppy, slipping out and dislocating, when I walk it doesnt hurt AT ALL. I talk to my ortho next Monday and might end up getting an artificial knee. Good thing I went to TDS. Might be the last jeeping I do in several months. Right now my left thigh is as big as my calf. Much smaller than my right. Pretty weird how your brain lessons muscle mass and blocks yourself from using something that is injured, even when it doesnt hurt.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Maybe we can have an all hands repair party to get your new axle in before you go down.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #218
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, the designer of the human body really knew what He was doing!
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #219
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think the biggest problem is alcohol and a crowd. mix them up and people make bad decisions.
that too.

bummer about the knee. I just went to the Doc on Monday to get my left knee checked out and my quad on my left side is half again the right side. no torn ACL or anything, got some psoriosis in my joints, or so he says. waiting for my blood work results back. anyways, i absolutely LOVE to hike, climb etc and can't traverse down a hilll to save my life now unless i zig zag back and forth leaving me crippled by the time i get to the bottom.
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #220
LJWrangler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Buddy going up Goose Bag hill it was his first time out jeeping!!

SILVER JEEP CLUB #71

My Build [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-06-lj-build-1449774/[/url]
LJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #221
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had an acl replacement yrs ago. I've used my body pretty hard thats for sure. Guess its time to pay up. I was expecting a Meniscus issue & a mild case of arthritis due to the surgery 13 yrs ago. I didnt expect what I got instead. 2 full pages of MRI diagnosis & none of it was good. A lot of it is chinese to me but I got the gist of it & its pretty sh1tty.
I dont' mind the surgery. I am actually pretty calm come cut time, but its the money worries/work place stress issues & now it'll be that since I'm very solo in SD w/zero support group ie family, gf.. etc.. it's gonna be rough. Like taking a crap or cooking or laundry... stuff like that.. Oh well, It'll be ALOT of pizza ordering I suppose.
As for the front end I got the 30 out, stripped it down, the C's are cut off for Currie's Core return. The 44 is supposed to be done in 3 working wks... So a month. I'll probably be post-op by then so I need to figure out what to do about that. It's in Yorba linda and I have a Civic . Think it'll fit in the trunk?
So with all that said, a wrench party to help support a temporarily fallen jeeper, bring it!... It'll be pretty much bolt in. I need to get a few control arm bushings (thanks RE) and some better bump stops but that could always wait. Im down to pbnj, ramen, and oatmeal... good times!
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #222
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJWrangler View Post
Buddy going up Goose Bag hill it was his first time out jeeping!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPwF5W9siaQ
looked like me for a second....
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #223
LJWrangler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes its red but its pretty stock! Unlike yourself
SILVER JEEP CLUB #71

My Build [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-06-lj-build-1449774/[/url]
LJWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #224
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I had an acl replacement yrs ago. I've used my body pretty hard thats for sure. Guess its time to pay up. I was expecting a Meniscus issue & a mild case of arthritis due to the surgery 13 yrs ago. I didnt expect what I got instead. 2 full pages of MRI diagnosis & none of it was good. A lot of it is chinese to me but I got the gist of it & its pretty sh1tty.
I dont' mind the surgery. I am actually pretty calm come cut time, but its the money worries/work place stress issues & now it'll be that since I'm very solo in SD w/zero support group ie family, gf.. etc.. it's gonna be rough. Like taking a crap or cooking or laundry... stuff like that.. Oh well, It'll be ALOT of pizza ordering I suppose.
As for the front end I got the 30 out, stripped it down, the C's are cut off for Currie's Core return. The 44 is supposed to be done in 3 working wks... So a month. I'll probably be post-op by then so I need to figure out what to do about that. It's in Yorba linda and I have a Civic . Think it'll fit in the trunk?
So with all that said, a wrench party to help support a temporarily fallen jeeper, bring it!... It'll be pretty much bolt in. I need to get a few control arm bushings (thanks RE) and some better bump stops but that could always wait. Im down to pbnj, ramen, and oatmeal... good times!
Dude, you DO have support here, US. The JF gang. I don't live far from you and would be happy to come help with your build. I'm not bad with a BBQ, either. Just let us know how we can help. That's what this community is all about. Helping each other out, not just with Jeep stuff, but with everything. Joe fixed my garage door, I smogged Jason's Cherokee, and so on. Don't be shy, man, Just put it out there and it will happen. Guaranteed.
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #225
TJRoberto
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sure let us know what u need, at the moment I'm short on cash so i cant really work on my jeep. but if you want ill help you spend money in your jeep, you tell me what to do, and ill install it with your direction, that way ill learn some more
TJRoberto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.