Superstition, next weekend. Feb 17-19 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Superstition, next weekend. Feb 17-19 2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Superstition, next weekend. Feb 17-19 2012

Sort of the last minute, with a week warning.

In the interest of getting in as many trips as possible before hot season arrives it's time for another trip to super.

Will head out next friday at noon-ish and probably home Sunday.

Planning to run most of the harder 4+ trails so you will need at least 33s and no fear of rock rash. At least one locker would help as well.

Of course there are plenty of other trails at every level if anyone wants to form a second group for those runs.

The more the merrier at the camp site as we eat, drink and swap near death stories at the end of the day.

Chime in if interested and if there is enough turn out I'll bring the smoker.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
BrandonTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'll be there. Steve said I could ride with him if I dress sexy.
Is there anything you'd like me to bring?
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonTJ View Post
I'll be there. Steve said I could ride with him if I dress sexy.
Is there anything you'd like me to bring?

I'll figure out food once we have a head count and see if it's worth bringing the smoker or fryer.

I'll have a right seat free as well.
Unread 02-13-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
shoe83
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wish I could make it, but I have to go to a wedding in Fresno instead. Hopefully I can tag along next time.
shoe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

How did the trip go???
Motorep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
How did the trip go???
I think it's this weekend.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
How did the trip go???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez View Post
I think it's this weekend.
You are correct.

Does not seem to be much interest. I hope I did not scare anyone away with the comment about the harder trails.

Sitting around the fire and being away from the city for a couple days is the important thing.
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
Gomez
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
You are correct.

Does not seem to be much interest. I hope I did not scare anyone away with the comment about the harder trails.

Sitting around the fire and being away from the city for a couple days is the important thing.
Would love to go considering it's a holiday weekend but made previous plans. I think we're trying to get out there around the beginning of April.
[COLOR="White"][B][SIZE="3"]White Jeep Club #1904[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[U][B]Useful Write-ups:[/B][/U]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/"]TJ FAQ[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp (A must read)[/URL]
[URL="http://pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Recovery/index.html"]Recovery Tips[/URL]
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #9
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jbolty. You still going tis weekend? My son calsouthjeep and i would like to join you. Just finished our axle swap and want to try it out. We cant leave sd until after 4 on fri, but would like fto join you if its still on.
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yup. Planning to leave at noonish on friday. Will post up GPS when we get settled.
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #11
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will be in Ocotillo maybe we can get together at some point, I am going to be with a group of Toyota Tacomas, probably 15+ people coming out. Too bad your already reserved for Superstition, there are quite a few good trials in OW if you know where to look, but Superstition is really fun too, if I dont get with you have fun!!
Unread 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
I will be in Ocotillo maybe we can get together at some point, I am going to be with a group of Toyota Tacomas, probably 15+ people coming out. Too bad your already reserved for Superstition, there are quite a few good trials in OW if you know where to look, but Superstition is really fun too, if I dont get with you have fun!!
Thanks

I would love it if someone could point out some good jeeping trails in that area. The appeal of truckhaven and bouncing around on dirt piles is lost on me.
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Speed-Freek
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Thanks

I would love it if someone could point out some good jeeping trails in that area. The appeal of truckhaven and bouncing around on dirt piles is lost on me.
Maybe next time I go I will give you advance warning and we can go do some wheeling out there in Ocotillo? The fun stuff is mostly in the clayhills on the South side of the 78. The park really has nothing for a Jeep IMO...
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freek View Post
Maybe next time I go I will give you advance warning and we can go do some wheeling out there in Ocotillo? The fun stuff is mostly in the clayhills on the South side of the 78. The park really has nothing for a Jeep IMO...
Sure, thanks.

I would like to get in as many camping trips as possible before hot weather gets here.
Unread 02-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
LanceUCSD
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like I'm going to make it out there after all with my wife and son at least for one night of camping. We will be leaving Penasquitos around 3ish. I'll look for the GPS cords on the way.
LanceUCSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.