Superstition Mountain Mar 14-16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Superstition Mountain Mar 14-16

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-13-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Superstition Mountain Mar 14-16

Hello gents,

Its time for another run out to Super. Same meeting place as last time provided there's nobody squating. Just to be clear, there is a def possibility of body damage, getting stuck etc on some of these trails if you're not properly equiped. Recommend minimum of 33's and/or lockers and sliders, unless your Moose. If there are people that are wanting to do some exploring and not hit the rocks, we can form two diff groups for Sat/Sun morning and enjoy in some fellowship back at camp afterwards. There is plenty of Geocaching, dunes etc for people to have fun at and not thrash their rigs.

Kev/Roberto, this is your chance to reclaim your glory at the waterfall or forever be ridiculed mercilessly hehe

Jason, is your LJ ready for this one?

****UPDATE****

so far we have in attendance
Premo
Jbolty
Brockenyoujoint
RW100
Calsouthjeep
Moose
Karuma

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. Base camp TBD. Either the same spot as last time or at the end of wheeler on the east side of the mountain. More to follow

Unread 02-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Count me in.

That gives me a whole month to test my driveshaft rebuild; I'll do that on March 13th at 9pm.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Premo, you came in pretty clutch with the dates for this trip! I fly back to town on the 13th for spring break so count me in I was going to put the 4:1 t-case I have laying around in my jeep over break, but I guess it can keep on sitting there for a while.
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsouthjeep View Post
Premo, you came in pretty clutch with the dates for this trip! I fly back to town on the 13th for spring break so count me in I was going to put the 4:1 t-case I have laying around in my jeep over break, but I guess it can keep on sitting there for a while.
Best solution really is to just give me that transfer case. Maybe you can come put it in while you have some free time.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
Rrw600
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll bring my hardtop so I have sleeping accommodations. Premo can bring his palace with the indoor electricity.
Rrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ha! Don't forget your air mattress! Lolol

Great news Colin! I totally planned it that way too hehe
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My junk is ready!! I really do wanna take on Broker Mirror and the trails I was a passenger on. Maybe camping at that area we found further out towards the trail would be a good idea. Seemed it would be quieter and closer to trail heads. North side of the road seemed better to prevent dust and stuff. I can bring the cabin tent for storage of doors tops etc......
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

nice! I'm down to camp further up the road. I think it can get noisy up there at night sometimes though with people playing in the dunes, but it's a whole lot closer. I'll need to air down more on my drivers side on broken mirror so I don't finish up my back passenger quarter lol
Unread 02-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
calsouthjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Best solution really is to just give me that transfer case. Maybe you can come put it in while you have some free time.
Haha that sounds like an ideal plan
calsouthjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
brokenyoujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got fri sat sun mon tue off so I'm down to go. I need some redemption.
brokenyoujoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 11:28 PM   #11
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet!
Unread 02-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #12
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo View Post
Hello gents,

Its time for another run out to Super. Same meeting place as last time provided there's nobody squating. Just to be clear, there is a def possibility of body damage, getting stuck etc on some of these trails if you're not properly equiped. Recommend minimum of 33's and/or lockers and sliders, unless your Moose. If there are people that are wanting to do some exploring and not hit the rocks, we can form two diff groups for Sat/Sun morning and enjoy in some fellowship back at camp afterwards. There is plenty of Geocaching, dunes etc for people to have fun at and not thrash their rigs.

Kev/Roberto, this is your chance to reclaim your glory at the waterfall or forever be ridiculed mercilessly hehe

Jason, is your LJ ready for this one?
Hey, Jason...2 out of 3 ain't bad. Besides, you gotta have BIG BRASS ONES to wheel 31's out there... OK, I'm in, assuming I don't break anything at TDS.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #13
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This is shaping up to be an event of monumental proportion.........Use TDS as a meet and greet typa thing and this here for the wheel and real deal. I'm thinking some easy trail riding to try out the new locker. Maybe try that waterfall that was at that one checkpoint during the Melanoma run for grins.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
premo
1992 XJ Cherokee 

yea, that waterfall would be a good place to do some easy wheeling to break your stuff in....... lol

You making it out Moose? 66% is a def pass in my book
Unread 02-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #15
sdmoose429
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo
yea, that waterfall would be a good place to do some easy wheeling to break your stuff in....... lol You making it out Moose? 66% is a def pass in my book
Ok, Jason. Just for you. When you brining your bride to meet your dirty friends? We can talk at TDS

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.