Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Superstition Mountain Mar 14-16

7K views 144 replies 14 participants last post by  brokenyoujoint 
#1 ·
Hello gents,

Its time for another run out to Super. Same meeting place as last time provided there's nobody squating. Just to be clear, there is a def possibility of body damage, getting stuck etc on some of these trails if you're not properly equiped. Recommend minimum of 33's and/or lockers and sliders, unless your Moose. If there are people that are wanting to do some exploring and not hit the rocks, we can form two diff groups for Sat/Sun morning and enjoy in some fellowship back at camp afterwards. There is plenty of Geocaching, dunes etc for people to have fun at and not thrash their rigs.

Kev/Roberto, this is your chance to reclaim your glory at the waterfall or forever be ridiculed mercilessly :cheers2: hehe

Jason, is your LJ ready for this one?

****UPDATE****

so far we have in attendance
Premo
Jbolty
Brockenyoujoint
RW100
Calsouthjeep
Moose
Karuma

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything. Base camp TBD. Either the same spot as last time or at the end of wheeler on the east side of the mountain. More to follow

See less See more
#7 ·
My junk is ready!! I really do wanna take on Broker Mirror and the trails I was a passenger on. Maybe camping at that area we found further out towards the trail would be a good idea. Seemed it would be quieter and closer to trail heads. North side of the road seemed better to prevent dust and stuff. I can bring the cabin tent for storage of doors tops etc......

#8 ·
nice! I'm down to camp further up the road. I think it can get noisy up there at night sometimes though with people playing in the dunes, but it's a whole lot closer. I'll need to air down more on my drivers side on broken mirror so I don't finish up my back passenger quarter lol

#12 ·
Hello gents,

Its time for another run out to Super. Same meeting place as last time provided there's nobody squating. Just to be clear, there is a def possibility of body damage, getting stuck etc on some of these trails if you're not properly equiped. Recommend minimum of 33's and/or lockers and sliders, unless your Moose. If there are people that are wanting to do some exploring and not hit the rocks, we can form two diff groups for Sat/Sun morning and enjoy in some fellowship back at camp afterwards. There is plenty of Geocaching, dunes etc for people to have fun at and not thrash their rigs.

Kev/Roberto, this is your chance to reclaim your glory at the waterfall or forever be ridiculed mercilessly :cheers2: hehe

Jason, is your LJ ready for this one?
Hey, Jason...2 out of 3 ain't bad. Besides, you gotta have BIG BRASS ONES to wheel 31's out there...;) OK, I'm in, assuming I don't break anything at TDS.

#13 ·
This is shaping up to be an event of monumental proportion.........Use TDS as a meet and greet typa thing and this here for the wheel and real deal. :D I'm thinking some easy trail riding to try out the new locker. Maybe try that waterfall that was at that one checkpoint during the Melanoma run for grins. ;)

#15 ·
premo said:
yea, that waterfall would be a good place to do some easy wheeling to break your stuff in....... lol You making it out Moose? 66% is a def pass in my book
Ok, Jason. Just for you. When you brining your bride to meet your dirty friends? We can talk at TDS

#16 ·
I would love for her to come out but she gets pretty bad sun sickness so unfortunately a weekend trip to the desert isn't in the cards for her. She usually comes for the day trips though and enjoys that. She liked big bear too since there was trees and shade. I won't be at TDS..

#23 ·
kuruma said:
I get off work at around 7am on friday as well. I can be loaded up and ready to go straight from work. Have to drop my top at some point. May try to do this before TDS and just leave it off for a couple weeks. I have events the first 3 weekends of March. TDS, Annual camp out in Yuma, and this one. Kevin, if you'd like to meet somewhere along the way and convoy up let me know.
Do you want to head out with us?

#30 ·
If my wife's plans for her bday weekend dissolve I'm in...we can run lower 13 night run and just run some stuff over...that's a pretty fun hill...
There's some stuff I want to run but no line yet so body damage mandatory....
If you guys haven't hit lower 13 its not bad fun and better than last year when Brian and the guys trailed it....its off knock on wood...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.