Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Superstition 14, January 14-15, 2012

3K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  nuthead 
#1 ·
It's that time again.

Online registration is $25, $35 at the event.

http://www.sd4wheel.com/node/129

Normally I register, since the money goes to a good cause, but seldom go on the organized runs.

When the time get's closer we can get organized for who is going, camping and the rest of the logistics.

#2 ·
Gonna order parts tonight and hopefully get them by this weekend and install them somewhere. My laundry list is short this year, o2 sensors, tranny mount, u joints, rotate tires.

Jeff you making a big dinner saturday night like you did last year? If you do then heather and i will bring a side dish or something.

Im heading out Friday night if anyone wants to carpool.

#3 ·
Gonna order parts tonight and hopefully get them by this weekend and install them somewhere. My laundry list is short this year, o2 sensors, tranny mount, u joints, rotate tires.

Jeff you making a big dinner saturday night like you did last year? If you do then heather and i will bring a side dish or something.

Im heading out Friday night if anyone wants to carpool.
I'll have something for sure, probably a turkey at least. We'll see what the head count is when we get closer.

#10 ·
Talked with Mike last night, he's going to meet up at Von's/Walmart at Los Coches Rd on the way out

Erik implied he was going to come out

Austin won't make it, he's scarfing Vicodin like candy, apparently stitches hurt :dunno:, they never bothered me all that much, wuss :laugh:

Told Mike the plan was to camp closer to the entry of the OHV area and avoid a few miles of washboard, we can look around when we get there and post the GPS coords. Should we consider taking extra fuel for the Jeep(s) drive back and forth ??

Mike has a brilliant idea for once, he's filling his water tanks out there, apparently there's a spot off the 8-freeway with a free RV dump and free water, we're thinking it may be the Super Stop. Several hundred less pounds of weight to drag up and over the hill.

Slight chance of rain in the forecast Saturday night, could be a little windy

#12 ·
Tomorrow is the day.

I need to work until about 11 then come home and hook up. Then current plan is to meet up at the Vons at the Lake Jennings exit. There is Vons, Walmart, Subway, McDonalds and Taco Bell all at that exit so it's a good stop.

Probably be there about 12:30 ish. I'll edit this tomorrow closer to kick off time.

#34 ·
So question for the experienced Stooperstition krawlers.

33's or 35's?
Either, depends on the trail(s) . More important is the right tires. 33's in open diffs and there's plenty of fun to be had but be prepared to be winched or strapped.

There's also plenty of trails where the same combo and at least one hard locker is almost a must.

And then there's trails where 35's, two hard lockers and its still work.

There's even a few where its rock buggy or nothing.

Thats the great thing about Stuper, sand buggys, quads, bikes, Jeeps, rock rigs, whatever, there's something for every one of every level

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.