Search for MY first jeep - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > California Jeep Forum > SanDiego > Search for MY first jeep

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 01-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #46
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
never heard of blue coolant, sounds like you're looking in the washer fluid bottle
Used mainly with motorcycles and ATV's. Subaru uses blue coolant.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #47
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just do what I do anytime I get a new to me vehicle. I bleed it dry, then force feed it new fluids. I trust no one. Diffs, brakes, coolant, brakes, steering, trans, transfer case, even new headlight fluid. I change the muffler bearings and the flux capacitor if it's over 50,000 miles. The next 500 miles will dictate if you bought lemonade or a lemon.
Unread 01-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #48
austinjjesus

So my coolant is green. But the fanta stuff is definitely orange and has no smell. And as you can kinda see my coolant is low.
image-2002528235.jpg   image-2357740999.jpg   image-3381089038.jpg   image-2786369797.jpg  
austinjjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #49
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

maybe trans fluid.. hard to tell how orange that orange is. Take your jeep to the self serve car wash and blast the drivetrain. park it and trace where the leak is coming from. Looks almost like brand new motor oil or trans fluid. More of a soft tan/brown than orange.
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #50
austinjjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenujoint
maybe trans fluid.. hard to tell how orange that orange is. Take your jeep to the self serve car wash and blast the drivetrain. park it and trace where the leak is coming from. Looks almost like brand new motor oil or trans fluid. More of a soft tan/brown than orange.
So if its trams fluid what does that mean?
Unread 01-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #51
austinjjesus

And why would trans fluid be coming from the engine bay?
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #52
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Means you got a leak.. Not the end of the world. Most things leak a lil. Even I do. More so as I get older. Just like a jeep.
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #53
austinjjesus

Quote:
Means you got a leak.. Not the end of the world. Most things leak a lil. Even I do. More so as I get older. Just like a jeep.
My uncle said "we can go where ever we want so we can leak where ever we want."
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #54
austinjjesus

Do you guys recommend any jeep mechanics in San Diego? Just looking so I know who to go to for things I can't do. And I don't really want to go to a jeep dealer with their crazy prices
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #55
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What are you looking to have done?
Unread 01-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #56
austinjjesus

Quote:
What are you looking to have done?
I was told I have a worn connecting rod and I have a few leaks I want to get looked at. I just want somebody I can trust if something big goes wrong
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #57
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How do you know you have a worn connecting rod? Is your engine knocking or running crappy? How many miles? MIT (mechanically inclines technicians) near El Cajon can do you right. Im sure others can chime in and offer some good garage mechanics. Im decent but have now joined the apartment living jeep owning blues. I sure do miss a warm garage that i can actually DO stuff in and not just keep my baby hidden from thieves.
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #58
austinjjesus

He was telling me about a rod that connects the front axle to the chassis. He wasn't talking about the engine at all.
Unread 01-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #59
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, a connecting rod joins your crank to your piston. If your talking about a control arm thats your suspension and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Yeah, you may need to start taking your jeep to a mechanic....assuming you cant find a leak or know the difference between a connecting rod and a control arm. just saying... Glad to see you've joined the jeep community, now start reading up...and as for the person who told you that you have a worn connecting rod.... get new friends.
Unread 01-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #60
austinjjesus

Yeah I need to learn I'm just passing on what he said. Like I said any recommendations?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.