Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

San Diego and SoCal Meet, Greet and BBQ

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  00xj54 
#1 ·
BBQ!!!!!

The date is Saturday, November 17th at Fiesta Island, near the intersection of Interstate-5 and Interstate-8:

We'll be out there early Saturday morning, right on the beach with a fire pit, porta-potties nearby and plenty of parking. I'm bringing my RV, look for the Jeep flag, a large BBQ, coolers and ice for the ummm, refreshments :cheers2: and some bbq stuff and I'll pick up some steaks or something. Depending on how many people commit we'll get a list together of who can bring whatever or more of what we need. If you can make it send me a PM or e-mail me.

At minimum bring yourself, friends and family (a designated driver if needed), a Jeep or 4-wheeler to show off, boats, kayaks, jet skis, and something to burn in the fire pit. Even if you can only stop by for a few minutes, come one out and meet some Jeepers. Let's plan some local runs, make new friends and be nice to the guy with the welder :thumbsup:

And if you don't have a Jeep for whatever reason, come on out too, just don't park too close or you'll get winched :laugh:

As an added bonus, my neighbor, who is a chef at a downtown/gaslamp restaurant, has volunteered to cook and he'll make his personal recipe potato salad, best you'll ever have.

Forecast is for good weather, 70 and sunny. If you are in San Diego, or anywhere in the SoCal area, come on out and enjoy the day and great company for the First Unofficial San Diego Jeep BBQ

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll probably stop by.

#8 ·
NewBlue90 said:
Any specific time?
Nope, whatever fits your schedule. I plan on being out there when it opens and will stay until they drag me of into the darkness so stop by anytime during the day.

When yo come out drive all the way around and look for the Jeeps and the Jeep flag waving in the breeze :cheers:

Hoping we can get a good turnout!!:cheers2: :cheers2:

#10 ·
4x4grey88 said:
Oh sure...:laugh: GOT PICS??????:wave: :thumbsup:

P.S. I'll be there for the BBQ...
Sorry-

I got a self portrait in front of one of the buildings at Ballarat Ghost Town. Usually the wife of one of the guys we go wheeling takes the pics. They weren't there for this event. The rest of us are too lazy and unmotivated. When I was just starting offroading I was snapping pics left and right. Not so anymore- I just enjoy the driving.

Dave

#12 ·
Just got an e-mail from Adam at ORW, he'll be coming out to the bbq/meet and greet this Saturday about 11am, stop by, he's a great guy, get your Off Road Warehouse goodies and meet some Jeepers

Come on out and let's make this thing a success:thumbsup:

#17 ·
It's was good to meet some Jeep peeps out here. Thanks for getting it together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.